Connecting various devices to th3 M4R

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-31 17:48:39
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V10
Firmware Version: 1.5.4 build 20220113 ref. 38349

Hello, in the last month I started to have a problem with connecting various devices to the M4 deco unit.  These are not always the same devices, but they alternate.  Within 24 hours, it happens that some device is constantly being disconnected and connected to the deco unit.  This happens maybe 40-50 times a day.  The firmware is up-to-date, mesh and roaming are turned off and the situation is still the same.  One day I keep connecting and disconnecting the cameras, the next day the air conditioning, etc. I have a static IP set for all of them.  What with this? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connecting various devices to th3 M4R
2022-09-01 08:23:53

@RandDeco 

Welcome to the community.

I might need to follow up on your case by email later and hope you could also help me check some details:

1. How many online clients do you have? and how many of them are smart home devices?

2. Did the Ethernet connection from Deco have the same unstable issue?

3. Since it only started a month ago, have you added something new into the network or any firmware upgrade?

4. When you are available, could you please help me run a simple test:

--leave the main network on 2.4ghz only and guest on 5ghz only.

--check whether 2.4ghz and 5ghz have the same disconnection problem.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Connecting various devices to th3 M4R
2022-09-01 12:12:50

@David-TP 

Answers to your questions

1. At the same time I have 13 online devices 9 on the main site and 4 on the guest site.  But only devices on the main network have the problem.  Both the main and guest networks have completely different network names and both have both 2.4 and 5ghz bands enabled.  Of these, there are 8 x wifi sockets, 1 x wifi thermostat, (these 9 devices are all controlled via tuya and there is no problem with them, also 2 x camera system, 1 x air conditioner (cameras and air conditioners have a problem and I keep disconnecting and connecting them, the most  air conditioning) and others. the device is a tp link archer c54 router, it also has no problem.

2. Deco is connected via an ethernet cable and the connection is stable. air conditioning and one camera system is only on a 2.4ghz wifi connection and one camera is via a cable to the archer c54  C 54 does not disconnect, but the cameras do, even if they are connected with a cable.

3. I did not add anything. But when was the update to the current latest version of FW, I do not remember if before the problem started or on the contrary, the problem started, I looked and saw an available update and performed it  . I don't remember that.

4. I will do this test, but at the same time since your answer the problem seems to have disappeared. I will wait until tomorrow and see when the problem returns I will try the test of turning off the 5ghz band on the main network.

Options