Archer MR600 V1

Archer MR600 V1

57 Reply
Re:Archer MR600 V1
2022-09-05 08:18:36

@Sunshine 

I have carrier aggregation with the current official firmware (1.3.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210608 RC.66100n)

But no carrier aggregation with this beta.

Screenshots from the current official firmware:

I have no screenshots from the beta, since I've uninstalled it again.

Options
2022-09-05 08:20:15

@bernado64 

Hi Bernado I have had a look at you screen grabs for 4G+ and notice  your signal strength shows -105dbm  and 75 % signal. To be honest with that signal strength your're lucky to get 4G(LTE) to work at all. Its really on the fringe of 4G and probably  why your 4G+ is so unstable. In comparison my signal strength is -71dbm  and reads 100% signal and my aggregation takes place on Band 3 and 28 and I have 4G+ all the time. Really would look at increasing you signal strength it possible.

Options
2022-09-09 00:43:12 - last edited 2022-09-14 22:35:40

@Twincab 

I've returned back to the previous beta firmware, because the new one doesn't allow me to get bands aggregation (B3+B20/B28), never!

it works better with the old beta firmware as well as with the official one.

I'm living in country, I'm not very close to 4G antenna, I can usually get a download speed around 50 Mb/s when aggregation works fine.

Options
2022-09-11 13:18:51

@Sunshine 

Im waiting for the official firmware update.

Options
2022-09-22 09:35:03

@Sunshine 

I retried the beta firmware update and  spent time trying to sort out the issue that I was having with the OneMesh not working. Well it works . Where I had gone wrong was I needed to leave the Mesh and rejoin and problem solved. I had presumed that the Mesh settings would stay the same after applying the beta firmware. I also noticed that the link speeds had increased so that's a plus. 4G+aggregation in auto or manual works as expected but the importance of  good signal strength cannot be over emphasized.   I aggregate band 3 and 28 and so depending on antenna used you don't necessarily get the same signal strengths for both signals.  Users need to beware of this. SMS issue resolved and as previously said now available on Tether. The only issue I have and its probably meant to work this way is that if I manually select a channel in 2.4 GHz band ie ch 11 and switch on smart connect the channel goes to automatic and will select another channel automatically  ie 2 or 10 so I cannot use smart connect if through interference from adjacent neighbours I have to select a channel manually. Apart from that the router is working the best it has since purchased so hopefully it wont be too long before this beta  with probably a few tweaks becomes an official release.

Options
2022-09-22 12:30:38

Job well done developers 👏

Options
2022-09-25 12:48:39

Twincab wrote

@bernado64 

Hi Bernado I have had a look at you screen grabs for 4G+ and notice  your signal strength shows -105dbm  and 75 % signal. To be honest with that signal strength your're lucky to get 4G(LTE) to work at all. Its really on the fringe of 4G and probably  why your 4G+ is so unstable. In comparison my signal strength is -71dbm  and reads 100% signal and my aggregation takes place on Band 3 and 28 and I have 4G+ all the time. Really would look at increasing you signal strength it possible.

@Twincab 

Signal strength is irrelevant to a degree, important is SNR. The best RSRP is useless without SNR.

For me this new firmware is not ok. I get 5-10 Mbit/s, top 20 Mbit/s, no carrier aggregation.

With the old firmware (and old beta as well) I get carrier aggregation and 70 to 90 Mbit/s.

Options
2022-09-25 14:14:47 - last edited 2022-09-26 11:29:30

My router is mounted in vertical position as described here: My ARCHER MR-600 in vertical standing seems to give me a better reception?

The maximum speed obtained in downloading was 72 Mb/s, tested more than a year ago. I didn't do this test again because I didn't think I would get a better result. I don't use external antennas which, I know, would give me a significant gain in reception. And it's also known that the maximum speed depends of number of people connected simultaneously to the same antenna (bandwidth is shared between all users).

The new [beta] firmware, in Auto mode or manual bands selection, do none aggregation for LTE 4G+. Only one band is selected, so the reception speed is reduced! It works better with previous (beta) firmware.

Am I the only one for whom this new beta firmware does not allow any aggregation, neither in Auto mode, nor by manually selecting 2 bands?

Options
2022-09-27 06:58:40

@bernado64 

Please see the Signal Strength chart below for reference . {Taken from a post further down) re Antennas in Australia. Have a look at your figures and compare with the chart. You will see that at -105dbm falls within the weak signal area. I took my router and placed in  an area where I get -105dbm to try and match your reception conditions and figures and watched what happened . The router switched in and out of 4G mode and on two occasions over a 30 minute period it went very briefly to 4G+ but it was short lived. Now I am fortunate to receive a signal which falls within the excellent range and I don't have any issue with getting 4G+ but the two bands don't have the same signal strength. My exterior antenna ranges from 1800MHz to 2300MHz which is fine for Band 3 but its not a match for Band 28. (700MHz)To get a better result I would need a wide band antenna so I leave one of the supplied antennas connected as well trusting that it matches the band 28 signal . What I have noticed is that when in 4G+ mode the first band listed usually band 3 are the figures that are displayed on the screen but aggregation sometimes shows the other way round ie 28,3 and then it displays the band 28 signal figures and that's where I see that the signals strengths are not the same about 8db different  . I have another  brand of 4G+ router a B535 pro 3 connected to the MR600 via the wireless router wan interface and get almost the same figures and aggregation but as the hardware is using later technology like the MR600V2 the aggregation speeds are slightly higher. The better the signal the better the figures including the SINR  and stability. It looks like the MR600 V1 was the first version that TP Link came out with 4G+ and as software is always a work in progress  they are finally getting it to meet whats been achieved with version 2. 

Options
2022-09-27 09:53:49 - last edited 2022-09-27 09:55:34

bernado64 wrote

Am I the only one for whom this new beta firmware does not allow any aggregation, neither in Auto mode, nor by manually selecting 2 bands?

@bernado64 

No it's not just you, something is broken with this new beta. There are multiple reports that didn't get aggregation working with the new firmware, while it worked well in previous versions.

Options