Wifi extender and smart plug in same socket extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-04 17:26:46
Tags: #Smart plug
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I have a TL-WPA4220 kit. The N300 is connected on a socket extender together with the router, the phone and a smart plug (tplink tapo) where the air purifier is connected. The AV600 is in a shed in the garden 

Everything was working fine until a few months ago when I started getting WiFi but no internet in the shed and the middle light of the N300 was off. After a lot of moving plugs and resetting, I randomly disconnected the smart plug. In that moment the N300 turned all lights off and on again and I had WiFi in my shed again! Middle light is flashing but WiFi seems to be working fine. Plugged the smart plug again and nothing works again! 

So obviously there is some kind of incompatibility going on between the smart plug (which is also tplink) and the N300 being in the same socket extension. Has anyone experienced this? Is there any solution?

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi extender and smart plug in same socket extender
2022-09-19 15:32:15

@Jesbelga 

Hey

In short, the home plugs should not be operated via a extention / trailing lead as this will degrade performance massively.   However this is sometimes un-avoidable..

It does sound like you have a large drain on that specific socket so it could be likely that there is too much going on.  

What may be a good idea for you is a passthrough plug for that location?   one with WiFi built in would be even better, another AV600 in reality.    You can mix and match plugs as you feel necessary, two AV600s would talk to eachother fine and offer dual WIFI for you.   Might be an idea

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 320

Replies: 1

Tags

Smart plug
Related Articles