Vr400 v3 Too many Error (pkts) with both latest and beta firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-05 16:37:43 - last edited 2022-09-13 01:07:19
Tags: #Firmware Update #error pkts
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: V3_1.5.0_220321

Too many pkts error and after about 12 hours or less just download speed dramitaclly decreese and become useless

here hte picture with 5 milion pkts error with latest V3_1.5.0_220321 firmware 

right now i testing the beta firmware Archer_VR400V3_1.8.0_0.9.1_up_boot , it is from 2021 but i did it a try and still geting error pkts . 

is there any solution to this? it is really terrible.

Edit :

even beta version with a very good snr still get error: 

I checked all firmware none of them worked even the beta version , and tp link in emails said there is no firmware right now to fix the problem . the odd thing is there are too many people with this problem from early 2022 so try not to buy this router. i will not buy a tp link router again i send back the modem i hope they accept and refund it since i live Iran and there is no official tp link shop here and   it is not right now a fixable problem as tp link can not do anything for it .

Options
3 Reply
Re:Vr400 v3 Too many Error (pkts) with both latest and beta firmware
2022-09-08 11:40:13

@Ali70 

Hi, It is suggested to email support.forum@tp-link.com with the following information:

1. Who is your internet service provider?

2.How long have you had the modem and when did this issue start?

3. Please also attach a copy of the Web UI log after you installed the beta firmware.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-09-08 12:58:59
i already did im waiting for respond . btw i think this problem limit my max speed download too.
Options
2022-10-22 20:35:36

@David-TP 

Hi

I have bought the modem vr400 v3  for 1 week and I am facing the following problems

Firmware 1.3 is facing problems. When the number of errors increases, the SNR value starts to decrease, then the connection speed of the link starts to decrease and the line speed decreases to 50% and continues until the Internet is disconnected and the Internet is not connected until the modem is restarted. also link jumped for many times

Firmware 1.5 has reduced the problem, but there is a link jump, that is, the DSL light turns off, and when the link connection is reconnected, the modem does not connect to the Internet until the modem is restarted.

Also, the amount of SNR in firmware 1.5 is reduced compared to firmware 1.3, and the number of link jumps in firmware 1.5 is extremely high, and sometimes we have link jumps every 10 minutes. My previous modem was model 8901g v6 and it works better than this model.

Unfortunately, I regret my purchase because I thought the problems were solved, which I thought was completely wrong.

If I had bought an asus modem instead of this model, I would have had a very stable connection Please solve the SNR value and the error pks problems

Beta firmware doesn't help at all and version 1.5 is better than beta firmware

As shown in the figure, the device was restarted 20 minutes ago

If a customer who has been using your products for 15 years is important to you, solve the problem of this model

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 568

Replies: 3

Tags

Firmware Update
error pkts