Multiple problems with Archer VR2100v [Location: Germany, Provider: Telekom]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-14 14:00:55
Tags: #VR2100v
Model: Archer VR2100v  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I bought the Archer VR2100v and I am using it in Germany with the ISP Telekom (vDSL). Currently it is very unsatisfying to use this device. The reasons are:

1. When I want to log in into the device by tplinkmodem.net or Tether-app, it does it in the first try very well. In the case I want to switch to extended settings, the panel doesn't load any page anymore. Reloading the page by hitting F5 directs to the browser information "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED". I can only log in again, when I restart the device manually.
  2. This error occurs sometimes in combination with (1). When I restarted the device, I have to reenter the ISP connection data to establish a stable connection. Otherwise it does not connect to the internet.

These problems (in combination) are really frustrating, cause I can't manage my network at home. 

What can I do to fix this problem?

Greets

PhilK

Options
3 Reply
Re:Multiple problems with Archer VR2100v [Location: Germany, Provider: Telekom]
2022-09-15 09:03:41

@PhilK 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

When the web UI is no longer responsible, are you still be able to ping the LAN IP, 192.168.1.1 for example or tplinkmodem.net?

Would logging in via a different browser make any difference?

After restarting the modem and internet lost, was the previous internet connection data still here or it had been erased as well?

Could you please send an email tp support.forum@tp-link.com with the following information:

1. A picture of the Advanced>status page after restating the modem before a reconfiguration.

2. A copy of the configuration file under Advanced>System tools>backup& restore.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2022-09-16 13:41:32

@David-TP Hey,

thank you for your answer. I will send you an e-mail within the next hours.

In addition to my introduction, since one hour I can't log in into the device. The reason is a false password, but it used the stored password from my password manager all the log in processes before. I didn't changed anything in the settings, cause I had no time since now to do something with the device. 

Options
2022-09-20 07:16:15

@PhilK 

Thank you very much for the email.

I have seen a familiar error log 80002 on the web UI when the web UI stopped working properly and I remembered this error has been fixed by the latest firmware-Archer VR2100v(DE)_V1_220310. And I see your current firmware is still 20210719, could you please refer to this link to manually update the firmware first:

https://www.tp-link.com/de/support/download/archer-vr2100v/#Firmware

How to update the firmware:https://www.tp-link.com/de/support/faq/1756/

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 406

Replies: 3

Tags

VR2100v