Ethernet backhaul not detected in Access Point mode when Decos are connected to the router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ethernet backhaul not detected in Access Point mode when Decos are connected to the router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-15 06:00:56
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20201228 Re. 55057

Hello, my current setup worked at some point in time and it stopped working, I have 3 P9 and 1 M5 in Access Point mode, when Decos are connected directly to the routher via ethernet cable and after adding a new DECO via the APP the Signal Source is detected as 2.4GHz/ 5 GHz and not Ethernet.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Ethernet backhaul not detected in Access Point mode when Decos are connected to the router
2022-09-20 12:08:47

@ttimaizumi 

Hi, can I have a picture of your current network topology?

And were you trying to say, after adding a new Deco, the Deco that used be on Ethernet backhaul now turned to WiFi backhaul?

If yes, can you also mark out which Deco has changed to WiFi backhaul?

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Ethernet backhaul not detected in Access Point mode when Decos are connected to the router
2022-09-21 16:48:57

@David-TP 

My current setup has 2  nodes (P9 and M5 for trouble shooting purposes), both of them are connected to the router as shown in the diagram. I have screenshots of the Deco app that shows that the signal source is wireless vs Ethernet backhaul

Here's my current setup

Eventhough both decos are connected via ethernet cable, the signal source from the "non main" deco is Wireless and not Ethernet backhaul

Options
2022-09-22 06:26:56

@ttimaizumi

Hi, Thanks for the update.

May I know the model number of the main router?

Could you please also try to connect study Deco M5 directly behind main bedroom P9 to see whether the Ethernet backhaul worked or not?

And please also replace the current Ethernet cable and switch to different Ethernet ports on the main router to see whether it made any difference.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2022-09-23 01:48:43

@David-TP 

The router is  a Huawei HG8145V5, when the deco M5 is connected to other ports in the router is yields the same result; when connected to the other port on the back of the P9 it does detect the "Ethernet Backhaul"

Options
2022-09-23 03:29:58

@ttimaizumi 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

It seemed like Huawei HG8145V5 failed to forward the standard IEEE 1905.1 protocol that is used for Ethernet backhaul.

Have you set up any LAN isolation on the HG8145V5?

• You could connect two wired laptops behind HG8145V5 and try to ping each other to check the communication.

And if you have an additional network switch, the following layout would work as well:

HG8145V5--unmanaged switch---P9

\----Deco M5

In case not, I will also follow up on your case by email to see whether there would be any other suggestions from engineers. 

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-09-23 04:39:59

@David-TP 

Hello, I don't have network isolation setup, and wen 2 pcs are connected to the network they can "see each other". I also tried the unmanaged switch (tp link tl sg105), this didn't change the source it was still wireless 

Options
2022-09-26 14:45:27

@David-TP 

so far nothing got me closer to a solution, moving to "Router Mode" to see if that gives me a better solution

Options