Tplink Extender not communicating with Access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-16 18:17:00
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hi guys..my company installed Cisco CP9120AXE-E access point near my room and signal strength is not enough. I bought Tplink WA855RE range extender to extend my signal. But unfortunately extender is not communicating with Access point. It is connected with AP but not with internet.

AP IP address 172.16.15.xx, 172.16.8.xx, 172.16.12.xx,172.16.11.xx etc. And default gateway is constant 172.16.8.x. 

But extender IP is 192.168.1.xx.. even I tried with static IP address. But no use. Other routers, and bridge connection also not working. Pls advice 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tplink Extender not communicating with Access point
2022-09-23 03:25:13 - last edited 2022-09-23 03:26:04

Hello   @Karthi.RK 

Sorry for the late reply. 

By default, TP-Link range extender IP address is 192.168.0.254, and after set up, RE will get an IP address from main router/DHCP server.

For test purpose, you could try to connect range extender to main Wi-Fi router first and see if that works. 

Make sure the Mac filtering, access control etc. are OFF on the main router. 

You could try some tips here if Extender still has no internet. 

Troubleshooting> Has connected to TP-Link extender but no internet, what can I do?

If the extender can connect to main router, the situation you mentioned seem to related to the local network configuration like VLAN settings or other settings.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 255

Replies: 1

Related Articles