Archer AX1500 (HW: Archer AX10 v1.20) randomly lose internet connection every few minutes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX1500 (HW: Archer AX10 v1.20) randomly lose internet connection every few minutes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-16 19:10:13 - last edited 2022-09-16 22:03:24
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V12
Firmware Version: (FW: 1.3.1 Build 20220401 Rel. 57404(4555)

Good morning, as the title: the router lose internet connection every few minutes (internet led goes off, then orange and after turn back to green).

• The router electricity pass by a power supply unit so i think it's not about electricity drops damage or related
  • The connection worked without problems in past (just some kind of trouble when there's bad weather but this is normal here
  • Internet led turns off (the 4th led, then orange, and after turns back to green)
  • The problems seems to happen randomly, sometimes can be after few minutes (not even able to do any kind of activity without various disconnections, sometimes seems to work for hours)
  • No problem with the internet provider: Esnet in Poland
  • Everything worked without problems for nearby one year and the problem showed us just recently (some months ago, i can't say about the date for sure)
  • I tried already to disable nearby all the extra services/features of the router

I can, if it's possible, flash an old firmware as the problem can be caused by just two factors: hardware or firmware
I would like to understand if i need to buy a new unit or if there's any kind of possibility to solve the problem (if firmware related)

Best regards

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer AX1500 (HW: Archer AX10 v1.20) randomly lose internet connection every few minutes
2022-09-19 07:15:48

@3XisT 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Please go through the troubleshooting suggestions we provided in the following thread, then report back if the issue persists:

Router Disconnects from Internet

Options
Re:Archer AX1500 (HW: Archer AX10 v1.20) randomly lose internet connection every few minutes
2022-09-19 10:49:08

@Kevin_Z Thank you for your answer.

By watching the log i noticed something strange but i can't understand perfectly about what it relates:

2022-09-19 06:53:26 RemoteManagement INFO [26496] Service stop
2022-09-19 06:29:28 UPnP INFO [30274] Service start

2022-09-19 06:29:28 UPnP INFO [30274] Service stop

2022-09-19 06:29:27 RemoteManagement INFO [29969] Service stop

It sounds like if by remote control the router service turned off but for sure i didn't do it.
Just to understand if it's normal or if that can be a cause of the problem and how to solve it.
I have an app installed to the mobile phone in order to manage the router but if it can lead to some kind of problem i'm ok to just access the router Only by browser using the wi-fi signal.

Options
2022-09-19 11:34:49

@3XisT 

I believe the system log has nothing to do with the router dropping issue you reported, just leave the Tether APP as you like.

Sometimes, the router may just quit and stop working, it would be more helpful to reset it to factory defaults and start over. If that doesn't help, I would also think you should contact your provider to ask if there was anything changed in their line these days before the router starts to lose the internet. If your provider confirms all is good on their side, you can get back with the information required by Kevin, they may suggest further.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-09-20 11:17:02

@Liverpool20 Thank you for your help

Before the factory reset (if i'm right i just need to push and hold the button for reset behind the router, right?) i noticed something strange by plugging the cable from the provider (my situation is that we have internet cables inside our appartments and the landowner hold the ISP device) directly inside a desktop pc instead of using the router port: the OS seems to not detect the cable/internet connection if i plug directly the cable on it.
It works and have the lights on only if i pass by the LAN ports of the router.

Can it suggest a problem on the main cable?

I prefer to post here my considerations because also if i read a lot of similar post in the forum i often can't see a real feedback from the users that can suggest or help others to understand the possibilities and how they solved the problem.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 474

Replies: 4

Related Articles