New Powerline dropping connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-26 09:12:53
Model: TL-WPA7517 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: TL-WPA7517(UK)_V2_1.0.10 Build 220701

Hi there,

First time posting.

I recently had an TP-Link TL-WPA4220T KIT that worked like a charm. It's max speed was 100mb/s so I decided to upgrade to the WPA7517 including an AV1000. Set it up as intended, using the same cables and sockets as I did for my previous setup. The issue I'm now having is that 3-5 times a day, the connection just completely drops.

The powerline light disappears on both the AV1000 and WPA7517. My PC that is connected to the powerline via ethernet loses connection. Although my phone shows full bars of WiFi (can connect to the WPA7517), it doesn't load anything - no internet connection.

I can fix it by rebooting either the AV1000 or WPA7517 but I cannot be expected to do this numerous times a day.

I don't think it would be anything to do with my network cables nor sockets as these have been unchanged.

I've re-inserted my old setup which is working fine again. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Firmware updated 2 days ago - same issue.

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:New Powerline dropping connection
2022-09-28 10:30:15

Hello   @butrinto 

Here is an FAQ that offers some suggestions for the unstable issue, its good to know you have updated the firmware for the poweline device.  
What should I do if connection is not stable when the device is connected to TP-Link Powerline Adapter?
1.  Confirm the wired unit is on the latest firmwar as well. Update Powerline device to the latest version 
Firmware for TL-PA7017 : https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-pa7017p-kit/#Firmware

2. If the House led/ Powerline Led goes off, this could be due to distance, interferences in the powerline 

You could try to relocate the powerline extender unit to somewhere closer the main adapter./  test the TL-PA7017 in the same room.

Try some tips here to exclude some factors which could affect powerline environment. 

What can I do if my powerline rate is very low?   

3. Disable power save mode as the first instruction. 

If still the same, please download the tpPLC Utility and share a photo of the powerline rate between the powerline kit. 

Can I know the model of router, network topolgy,thanks

Options