Powerline AV1000 not connecting to existing powerline network created with AV600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerline AV1000 not connecting to existing powerline network created with AV600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-03 17:18:17
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.3 Build 20190326 Rel.43406

So we just changed our internet provider and the main adapter connected to the router as the start of the powerline "mesh" is from the TL-WPA4220 KIT. The adapter that was part of the set has connected without issue and is providing a consistent and reliable connection via ethernet to my PC. However, another member of my family has recently got a PC and so we needed to get another adapter. That was when we got the TL-PA7017 KIT which offers a higher connection speed than the original kit. I understand that the powerline network will not go above the lowest adapter in the network which hasn't become an issue at all. However, since we changed internet providers, the TL-PA7017 KIT will not connect to the main adapter linked to the router. When I open the TP-Link Utility app, there is a red line with a "?" going from the main adapter. Resetting each adapter has not fixed the issue and I have reset the PC's networks in an unsuccessful attempt to see if the issue would be resolved by that. Is there something that I have missed? If anyone can assist that would be amazing!

Thanks in advance, 

Jenko

Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline AV1000 not connecting to existing powerline network created with AV600
2022-10-11 06:14:44

@Jenko6251 

The red line and question mark could mean the poor connection between the AV1000 and the main adapter. 

• You could try a different wall socket for the AV1000 or put the PA7017P into the same as main powerline adapter and see if that makes any difference. 
  • It's a good step to perform a factory reset and readd the powerline unit as instruction here : 

Factory reset via tpPLC Utility 

How to add a device to the network using tpPLC Utility (new logo)? 

If still the same, may I know does this happen on both TL-PA7017P or only one of the PA7017 (to see if single device become faulty)? 

What is the new model of router and the network topology. e.g. ISP X- Router X- PA4010 __house powerline __WPA4220 in bedroom; PA4010 __house powerline __PA7017P-PC. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1061

Replies: 1