[Closed] Official EasyMesh Firmware for Archer AX55 is NOW available

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

[Closed] Official EasyMesh Firmware for Archer AX55 is NOW available

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
90 Reply
Re:Official EasyMesh Firmware for Archer AX55 is NOW available
2023-11-02 10:55:57

@Kevin_Z Thanks for the heads up

Options
2023-11-03 06:21:12

@Kevin_Z 

dude, that is magic. Thanks :D

Options
2024-02-24 14:24:44

@Kevin_Z 

This morning my AX55 notified me of a new firmware, 

1.3.1 Build 20240129 rel.57815(4341)

Seems many of the EasyMesh features are now official firmware!

Thank you

Options
2024-04-17 00:35:00

@shakeyhome @Kevin_Z My AX55 V1 (EU version from Spain) doesn't have any firmware update available, when can we expect that 1.3.1 version with the beta updates (Ethernet Backhaul, EasyMesh in AP mode) to be released in EU? I was planning to purchase a second unity but I probably won't be doing it until the official firmware is released.

Options
2024-06-10 05:36:30

@Kevin_Z 

May I know if this firmware upgrade applies to Archer AX55 V2? Currently, the firmware status is up to date firmware versions: 1.1.0 Build 20230128 rel.20162 and it does not reflect what you showed us. Kindly advice.

Options
2024-06-11 11:25:27

COGSDK wrote

@Kevin_Z 

May I know if this firmware upgrade applies to Archer AX55 V2? Currently, the firmware status is up to date firmware versions: 1.1.0 Build 20230128 rel.20162 and it does not reflect what you showed us. Kindly advice.

@COGSDK Is the AX55 you own a US or EU version? Please show us the sticker on the bottom that shows the area and hardware versions.

Due to hardware limitations, it's not allowed to install the firmware for V1 hardware on the V2. It's suggested to wait for the new firmware released specifically for your hardware.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-06-12 11:50:49

Dear  @Kevin_Z 

Attached is a picture of it. Is it US, Version 2?

Kevin_Z wrote

COGSDK wrote

@Kevin_Z 

@COGSDK Is the AX55 you own a US or EU version? Please show us the sticker on the bottom that shows the area and hardware versions.

Due to hardware limitations, it's not allowed to install the firmware for V1 hardware on the V2. It's suggested to wait for the new firmware released specifically for your hardware.

File:
IMG_20240612_141324_HDR.jpgDownload
Options
2024-06-13 07:18:03

@COGSDK 

Yes. Your device is a US version and its hardware is V2.0. It's not allowed to install the firmware provided for V1.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Early Release EasyMesh Firmware for Archer AX55
2024-06-15 15:37:02

@Kevin_Z I have the same problem 2 years down the road when using an AX23 as a satellite...

So is this going to be solved or is it a design decision that you can not mess with the router after making it a easymesh AP? 

Options
Re:Early Release EasyMesh Firmware for Archer AX55
2024-06-17 07:35:52

maurelius47 wrote

@Kevin_Z I have the same problem 2 years down the road when using an AX23 as a satellite...

So is this going to be solved or is it a design decision that you can not mess with the router after making it a easymesh AP? 

@maurelius47 Can you please describe the issue you're experiencing in detail? I'm not sure what "same problem" you're referring to.

Do you mean the main AX55 is working in AP mode and you're connecting an AX23 as a satellite, but the connection between them is unstable? If that is the case, please kindly provide the network topology and ensure the gateway in this network is stable, then check if the disconnection is caused by the main AX55 or the satellite.

Please make sure the firmware of both AX55 and AX53 are up-to-date.

Options