Official EasyMesh Firmware for Archer AX55 is NOW available

Official EasyMesh Firmware for Archer AX55 is NOW available

84 Reply
Re:Early Release EasyMesh Firmware for Archer AX55
2022-11-25 07:04:59

@DUONG86 

Nope, you are not allowed to install a US or UN firmware on the JP hardware.

Options
2022-11-28 23:40:16

@Kevin_Z  I downloaded and installed the EasyMesh firmware for my AX55 router. Where do I find the EasyMesh button?

Options
2022-11-29 05:30:27

@Kevin_Z Hello, I buyed Tp Link archer ax55 in Bangladesh. I live in Bangladesh. Can I Upgrade this Firmware in Bangladesh?? 

Options
2022-11-29 06:33:59

rgg789 wrote

@Kevin_Z  I downloaded and installed the EasyMesh firmware for my AX55 router. Where do I find the EasyMesh button?

@rgg789 

Go to Advanced > EasyMesh.

Please follow the steps in the video below to enable EasyMesh on the router:

Setup Video for TP-Link EasyMesh Devices

Options
2022-11-29 06:36:00

Abdul-aziz wrote

@Kevin_Z Hello, I buyed Tp Link archer ax55 in Bangladesh. I live in Bangladesh. Can I Upgrade this Firmware in Bangladesh?? 

@Abdul-aziz 

Can you please verify the region code on your AX55 first? Is it an EU version or a US version? You can update and install the early release version on both of them.

Options
2022-11-29 07:30:06

@Kevin_Z  It is US version. My Router is Cloud device. It's Firmware shows Updated. Does it Cause a problem if I Updated this Firmware manually?? 

Options
2022-11-29 12:43:51

Abdul-aziz wrote

@Kevin_Z  It is US version. My Router is Cloud device. It's Firmware shows Updated. Does it Cause a problem if I Updated this Firmware manually?? 

@Abdul-aziz The firmware we provided here in the community is an early released version, and it is not available for updates via the cloud now. You need to upgrade the firmware manually.

The main purpose of providing an early release version for AX55 is we want to give an opportunity for our community users to test and use the newly implemented features before an official publish. But please don't worry, even though this is not a public official firmware, it’s assured to go through all the testing procedures, and it’s safe to download and install on your device. You can report back if there is an issue, and we are happy to assist.

Options
2022-11-29 22:49:25

VPN Client, EasyMesh, speed limit... mm. Waiting for some love for ax53.

What about dual wan?  Are there any plans to implement?

Options
2022-11-30 01:51:12 - last edited 2022-11-30 15:13:26

@Kevin_Z 

Hey Kevin, i install in my both ax55 the early release firmware. and.. i notice few things to upgrade in future.

To make simple to understand i will call main router ax55A and satellite routers ax55B.

When you switching easymesh mode to "satellite routers" in ax55B, router restart to default settings and change my custom  ip address (log in to router). Switching back not help, and always restart to default . So only possible is create "Easymesh satellite router" from default settings.

After when I connect successfully both ax55A and ax55B.

im not able any more log in to ax55B just saying " Rejected request under RE mode".

I cant set up reboot schedule for ax55B,

i can't connect from Tether or add TP-Link ID,

I can't edit connected second storage device plugin into USB by that i mean i cant edit internet ftp or custom dns or anything..just Samba for Windows works with dealfult name "TP-Share" so im able see connected storage on ax55B (seems because its active that option in default settings only)..  

ax55B  just become a poor version of mesh extender.  

For now i can only put leds off/on on both routers in same time and upgrade firmware on ax55B from ax55A.

Hope final version will give some more functions for satelite router in easymesh.

Example: manage connected storage at satellite router (change name, choose partition and all options ftp/dns, same as on main option router), able to log in from Tether app to satellite device, able to create reboot schedule in sattelite device.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-01 02:35:54

ChrisBS wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hey Kevin, i install in my both ax55 the early release firmware. and.. i notice few things to upgrade in future.

To make simple to understand i will call main router ax55A and satellite routers ax55B.

When you switching easymesh mode to "satellite routers" in ax55B, router restart to default settings and change my custom  ip address (log in to router). Switching back not help, and always restart to default . So only possible is create "Easymesh satellite router" from default settings.

After when I connect successfully both ax55A and ax55B.

im not able any more log in to ax55B just saying " Rejected request under RE mode".

I cant set up reboot schedule for ax55B,

i can't connect from Tether or add TP-Link ID,

I can't edit connected second storage device plugin into USB by that i mean i cant edit internet ftp or custom dns or anything..just Samba for Windows works with dealfult name "TP-Share" so im able see connected storage on ax55B (seems because its active that option in default settings only)..  

ax55B  just become a poor version of mesh extender.  

For now i can only put leds off/on on both routers in same time and upgrade firmware on ax55B from ax55A.

Hope final version will give some more functions for satelite router in easymesh.

Example: manage connected storage at satellite router (change name, choose partition and all options ftp/dns, same as on main option router), able to log in from Tether app to satellite device, able to create reboot schedule in sattelite device.

Best regards.

@ChrisBS  Thank you so much for bringing up this to our attention. I would make sure to report these to the development team and ask them to review all the EasyMesh design. I believe all of that would be corrected in the future releases. 

Options
Related Articles