Archer VR2800 regular intermittent drop out of internet connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-19 05:42:58 - last edited 2022-11-19 05:45:32
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.8.0 0.9.1 v006c.0 Build 220512 Rel.41022n

Over the past year since purchasing I've had intermittent internet dropouts. Could be once per fortnight, many times per hour.

Recently upgraded from FTTN to FTTP and connection was being lost regularly - many times per hour, continuously throughout the day to the point I could only work from home by tethering to my mobile.

Every time I have rebooted the model-router it seems to come back up fine - for a little while, making me think it's not ISP or Australian NBN but the modem/router.

I also updated to the latest firmware 2 days ago when i received FTTP upgrade and it's been tens times worse - almost no internet at all and I've had the router rebooting or off more than on it's been that bad. Almost ready to go buy a different brand.

ISP says they can see regular dropouts but it's not the NBN - there have been some minor issues resulting in slower performance, but not drop outs.

All this leads me to believe its the VR2800.

Logs show lots of unable to resolve DHCP entries which is because they can't reach upstream DHCP server for internet being out.

I've just upgraded Log Entries to include Debug info so will continue to monitor.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 139

Replies: 0