wifi extender doesnt work after new router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-27 12:55:59
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 build 220727

i used this extender for a while now and had no issues. today i got a new router and i tried to connect it again using my new wifi. i reset the extender and connected everything from scrach but its not working. when i try to open an application on my computer its not opening up due to not being connected to the internet (even tho its showing im connected and that everything is good). the internet works on my phone with direct connection to my wifi but some sites not working with the wifi extender. 

pleas help!

Options
2 Reply
Re:wifi extender doesnt work after new router
2022-11-29 02:25:31

@Sun2 

Hi, 

What is the LED status on the RE450? Do you see both 2.4ghz and 5ghz lit up as blue?

If the computer and smartphone are trying to connect to the main router's WiFi, are you able to access the previously unavailable websites?

And May I know the model number of your new router?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:wifi extender doesnt work after new router
2022-11-29 06:55:28

@David-TP 

thank you for answering. Managed to fix the issue by going to:

network & internet settings > ethernet > network > configure firewall and security settings > network and internet troubleshooter. 

Im sure there is another way to reach there faster but this is what i've done. 

again thank you for trying to help!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 266

Replies: 2

Related Articles