Doesnt project Wifi once Cloned

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-08 17:02:40 - last edited 2020-09-23 10:15:38
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.4.0.20-00_422014_181207_902

Hi there, 
Upon installation of my new wireless device i was able to receive wifi in other areas of the home however this was only through entering a seperate password (the extender set up a seperate wifi). Upon using the WPS buttons to clone the wifi information the second wifi was no longer visible making me think it was succesful however the extender is now not putting out any wifi at all although all lights are indicating normal operation.

I went through the TP-linkplc app and this to indicates that the item has cloned and should be working normally however im phisically not getting any extention to my wifi network..... Ive gone through all possible routes of connecting the extender to the wifi however it refuses to project wifi once cloned.. if i reset it back to factory it will once more work correctly as a seperate network.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Doesnt project Wifi once Cloned-Solution
2020-09-23 10:13:02 - last edited 2020-09-23 10:15:38

@PierceL 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Did you still have the same issue?

If yes, we would like to follow up your case via email and please help us check the following information:

1. How did you tell the powerline extender did not broadcast any wireless signal anymore, the Wi-Fi range did not extend?
  2. Have you tried to turn off the main router temporally to see if the same SSID still existed?
  3. By the way, did the wireless LED still lit up all the time?
  4. If you do not use Wi-Fi clone button to copy the SSID, try to change the SSID to be the same as home router manually; would it be the same, such as https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1611/

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Doesnt project Wifi once Cloned-Solution
2020-09-23 10:13:02 - last edited 2020-09-23 10:15:38

@PierceL 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Did you still have the same issue?

If yes, we would like to follow up your case via email and please help us check the following information:

1. How did you tell the powerline extender did not broadcast any wireless signal anymore, the Wi-Fi range did not extend?
  2. Have you tried to turn off the main router temporally to see if the same SSID still existed?
  3. By the way, did the wireless LED still lit up all the time?
  4. If you do not use Wi-Fi clone button to copy the SSID, try to change the SSID to be the same as home router manually; would it be the same, such as https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1611/

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 412

Replies: 1

Related Articles