MTU setting for newer Mesh Routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-01 16:51:03 - last edited 2022-12-01 17:20:46
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I need to adjust my MTU setting to optimize my connection with FIOS, however it seems that this basic feature is not available via the Deco app or anywhere else. It seems like it used to be avilable, and definitely is from other mesh routers on the market (e.g. Linksys). This is truly a shame.

I contacted chat, and the gentelman I spoke with was largely unhelpful indicating that this is not a feature they have. And asked me to email support.usa@tp-link.com to see if I could request this as an added feature (appears he did not have the ability to do it himself? crazy).

To anyone that finds this thread, please email them and ask to add this feature. I know TP-link will not be able to solve this issue on this thread... sigh.

Options
1 Reply
Re:MTU setting for newer Mesh Routers
2022-12-02 09:08:00 - last edited 2023-01-03 10:26:28

@kjay1012 

Hi, there is already a plan to support  changing MTU on Deco and you could vote to add more support:MTU size settings

Update:

The latest firmware for Deco X50/Deco X55 starts supporting customizing MTU size.

Early Release VPN/Static Route/MTU Firmware for Deco X50/X55

For other models, It might still need some time.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 475

Replies: 1

Related Articles