XE75 questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

XE75 questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
XE75 questions
XE75 questions
2022-12-09 20:01:31
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: multiple

Recently purchased a 3-node XE75 (AXE 5400) and a separate single node from Amazon to replace my old Google wifi.

I have AT&T 1Gb service.  With the old Google wifi, I regularly saw 800Mbps download and 700-800 Mbps upload speeds.

Issues: 

1. Since installing the Deco, I am seeing 500 Mbps download speeds and 5-10Mbps upload speeds (via the deco app speed test).  

2. I can't register any of the nodes on the tp-link website.  I keep getting a message which states the serial number doesn't match the country origin even though the serial number has US after it.

3.  Today, the app said there was a firmware update.  I downloaded and installed the update but according to the app only 1 of the 4 nodes updated to the latest firmware (the single node purchase).  The original 3 nodes didn't update.  The app says the network is up-to-date which doesn't really make sense to me since only 1 node is on the latest firmware.

Any help / advice from for the above issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:XE75 questions
2022-12-12 06:38:13 - last edited 2022-12-12 06:40:00

@Geppy19 Good day, welcome to the community.

As for the SN registration, I see the related SN numbers have been forwarded to the engineers already. You will get a confirmation letter later once the SN numbers have been added to the system.

For the firmware upgrade, I noticed the first kit-3 pack is Deco XE75 V2 and the single pack Deco XE75 is V1. And the latest firmware 1.1.7 is for the single-pack Deco XE75 v1 only.

For the internet speed issue, may I know the model number of the ATT cable modem?

Do you have a wired laptop so that it could be connected to the main XE75 via an Ethernet cable and check the Ethernet speed?

Have you tested the wireless speed from XE75 as well?

Please also make sure the QOS is disabled or set to 1000m/s download and upload.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 509

Replies: 1

Related Articles