Error code: 9005 Invalid parameter name when connecting by WAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-15 23:00:46
Tags: #Error code: 9005
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: v0070.0 Build 170719 Rel.63031n

Hello,

I am trying to pass an internet connection to my router by WAN. 

When I try to pass the exact internet to my laptop, I can do it. 

But when I try to do the same for the Router an error appeared. 

I do not know if I am doing something wrong or do not understand the process, I am new to this kind of process.

I want to pass the internet connection to the router because I have a camera connected to it and I want to see the on the internet once I opened the corresponding ports, but I cannot even get into the internet with the router.

I hope someone can help me. Thank you. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Error code: 9005 Invalid parameter name when connecting by WAN
2022-12-16 08:40:29

@Jose95 

Hi, did you manually change the internet connection type to static IP and set up the following IP address: 192.168.1.200/255.255.255.0?

The internet settings are not customized by the users themselves, and they are assigned by ISP automatically.

And the customized WAN IP addresses you have put into the modem are in the same range as LAN which is not supposed to happen on the router and might explain the error code.

Do you know the internet connection type of your internet service provider, like PPPoE with username and password or Dynamic IP?

After the internet service has been set up successfully, for the remote access to the camera, you might consider opening a specific port for the camera:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1216/

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1330

Replies: 1

Tags

Error code: 9005
Related Articles