Archer C6: Problem with 5GHz Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-18 05:13:26
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.7 Build 20220613 rel.64828

I have to reboot the router almost every week, because 5GHz wifi stop working. I can't even seen that wifi with from other devices. Smart connect not used. Has somebody else seen this feature/bug? Now I shceduled the router to reboot every week, maybe it is "fixed". 

Options
11 Reply
Re:Archer C6: Problem with 5GHz Wifi
2022-12-20 10:04:40

@SamiS 

Hi, May I know how long have you had the Archer C6 and when did this issue start?

Have you tried to change the wireless channel on 5ghz to channel 36 or 48 and channel width to 40MHz?

If not rebooting the router, will disabling/enabling the 5ghz on web UI make any difference?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-20 14:30:28

@David-TP 

Archer C6 is little bit over three years old. And I think it was working fine almost two years. I have all those 5 GHz settings default values. I haven't try anything other settings and also I haven't try to disable/enable 5 GHz wifi. Should I try those other settings? Reboot is so easy way to get it working again.

Options
2022-12-28 05:10:14

Yesterday was 5GHz wifi again missing. Now I disable/enable 5GHz wifi and it's start working again. The router was rebooted last time Monday. So this is little annoying problem. 

Options
2023-01-17 07:09:31

@SamiS Did you find a solution?

Facing the same issue. 5GHZ disappears every 1-2 days & needs a restart to fix.

Options
2023-01-17 08:24:04

@MysteriousGuy99 

Having the same problem with 5ghz band. The issue started with updating the firmware to 1.3.7

Options
2023-01-17 14:01:29

@MysteriousGuy99 

No fix/solution for this. Automatic reboot once a week doesn't fix the problem. 

Options
2023-01-28 11:50:28

Hello @SamiS  @SpandanPaul  @MysteriousGuy99, thank you all for reporting the 5GHz Wi-Fi issue with the Archer C6.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, could you please help provide the below information?

1. How long have you had this Archer C6, and when did you upgrade the router firmware to the latest 1.3.7 version? Does the 5GHz issue start right after you upgraded the firmware?

2. Try to use a fixed and less-crowded 5GHz channel on the C6, such as 40 or 48, choose 40MHz as the channel width, then observe the connectivity.

3. What are the 5GHz devices that are connecting to the network, none of them can see the 5GHz signal when the disconnect happens? Does the 2.4GHz network work fine all the time?

4. Try to reset the C6 to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch to observe if it makes a difference.

Thank you very much.

Options
2023-01-28 13:54:38

Hello  @Kevin_Z ,

1. I have had the router for about 3 - 4 years. Don't recall exactly.

Started facing the issue 2-3 days after the firmware upgrade.

Since then it drops every few days & only a reboot fixes it. Nothing else.

2. None of the lower channels have any APs on them within range. Just mine. Haven't tried 40Mhz. It was running great on 80Mhz width before.

3. PC, Laptop, Tablet, 4 Android Phones, etc. None of them can see 5GHZ when it disappears. 2.4GHZ remains operational & never drops. But 2.4GHZ is extremely crowded so speeds are terrible.

4. Done that at least twice.

Thank you.

Options
2023-01-29 01:03:31

MysteriousGuy99 wrote

Hello  @Kevin_Z ,

2. None of the lower channels have any APs on them within range. Just mine. Haven't tried 40Mhz. It was running great on 80Mhz width before.

3. PC, Laptop, Tablet, 4 Android Phones, etc. None of them can see 5GHZ when it disappears. 2.4GHZ remains operational & never drops. But 2.4GHZ is extremely crowded so speeds are terrible.

Thank you.

@MysteriousGuy99 Thank you so much for all the detailed information.

To address the issue and try to fix it, I have escalated your case to our support engineers via email. Please check your mailbox to follow it up, and let us know if the issue is resolved.

Options
2023-01-29 05:55:38

MysteriousGuy99 wrote

Hello  @Kevin_Z ,

Thank you.

@MysteriousGuy99 and @Kevin_Z

1. little bit 3 years old, but I'm not sure if this problem started with firmware update.

2. Not a much other traffic. Not changed. 2.4GHz isn't so crowded here. So it takes some time, when I noticed this 5GHz drop and important devices are connected to a wire and it is working fine

3. Same

4. Not done

Options