Spotlight always on

Spotlight always on
Spotlight always on
2023-01-07 19:10:31 - last edited 2023-07-31 02:40:53
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Just got one of these. The spotlight is always on, even in infrared mode.

Surely it should turn off. Using the bulb icon it just turns back on again.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Solution-Solution
2023-07-31 02:40:45 - last edited 2023-11-15 09:48:36

11/15/2023 Update 

Problem is fixed on the firmware 1.0.10 Build 231102 Rel.66223n.

——————————

If you encounter an issue where Tapo C320WS V2's Spotlight cannot be turned off, please refer to this Solution The spotlight of Tapo C320WS V2 is permanently on even in bright daylight for troubleshooting.

Here are some key points to consider, which will help you determine if your problem is related to this product issue.

1. Check what's the Night Mode Settings of the camera. (Camera Settings ->Night Mode Settings)

Here are the situations when Tapo C320WS's Spotlight will be turned ON automatically:

a.Spotlight turns on temporarily when the camera detects movement at night (dark environment) in Smart Mode (Night Mode Settings).

Or

b.Spotlight turns on permanently when Full Color Mode is selected in the camera's Night Mode settings and the camera is in Night Mode.

2. Verify whether the camera is currently in Night Mode. If it is on Auto, switch to Day Mode for testing. 

3. Check whether the Spotlight can be turned off manually. <LiveView -> Light Bulb icon>

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
55 Reply
Re:Spotlight always on
2023-01-09 10:01:25 - last edited 2023-09-12 11:40:11

Hi  @Atheos 

Thank you for posting. 

Have you tried to factory reset the camera? 

Please make sure your Tapo APP version is updated. (APP--Me--About)

Latest version till 1/9/2023: Android 2.11.44, IOS 2.11.25.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-06-24 14:12:45

@Atheos was you able to fix the problem? I have 4 cameras, and yesterday one of them just turned the spotlight on and I'm not able to turn it off

Options
2023-06-26 08:47:42

@JuanGaVS 

What's the model, hardware and firmware version of your camera? 

Try to use the light bulb icon on the LiveView page to turn off the spotlight manually, see if that works. 

Options
2023-07-21 03:15:24

Hi  @Wayne-TP 

Model: Tapo C320WS  

Hardware Version: 2.0

Firmware Version: 1.05

I tried with the the light bulb icon on the LiveView, and it says that the light will keep off by 5 mins but the camera continues with the light on

I have 4 cameras of this same model, and I have had this problem with 3 of them.

Options
2023-07-29 20:02:01

@JuanGaVS ... i have faced same " spotlight always on" problem? any fix on this? 

JuanGaVS wrote

Hi  @Wayne-TP 

Model: Tapo C320WS  

Hardware Version: 2.0

Firmware Version: 1.05

I tried with the the light bulb icon on the LiveView, and it says that the light will keep off by 5 mins but the camera continues with the light on

I have 4 cameras of this same model, and I have had this problem with 3 of them.

Options
2023-07-29 23:46:19

Hi  @SwarupD, not at all, I still waiting for an answer

@Wayne-TP any solution from TP-Link?

Options
2023-07-30 13:07:24

@JuanGaVS I've got 5x C320WS cameras, 2 have now got the same issue. The service from TP-Link has been appalling! 

They even told me to remove one of the cameras and swap the position to where one of the working ones are, how would moving the camera fix it.

I'm waiting for a replacement to be sent out once they've examined the first faulty one, but looks like I'll be going through their stupid process a second time.

@Wayne-TP

Options
2023-07-30 13:08:01
Yes the spot light is only meant to come on when it's dark and it detects movement.
Options
Solution-Solution
2023-07-31 02:40:45 - last edited 2023-11-15 09:48:36

11/15/2023 Update 

Problem is fixed on the firmware 1.0.10 Build 231102 Rel.66223n.

——————————

If you encounter an issue where Tapo C320WS V2's Spotlight cannot be turned off, please refer to this Solution The spotlight of Tapo C320WS V2 is permanently on even in bright daylight for troubleshooting.

Here are some key points to consider, which will help you determine if your problem is related to this product issue.

1. Check what's the Night Mode Settings of the camera. (Camera Settings ->Night Mode Settings)

Here are the situations when Tapo C320WS's Spotlight will be turned ON automatically:

a.Spotlight turns on temporarily when the camera detects movement at night (dark environment) in Smart Mode (Night Mode Settings).

Or

b.Spotlight turns on permanently when Full Color Mode is selected in the camera's Night Mode settings and the camera is in Night Mode.

2. Verify whether the camera is currently in Night Mode. If it is on Auto, switch to Day Mode for testing. 

3. Check whether the Spotlight can be turned off manually. <LiveView -> Light Bulb icon>

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-08-11 21:08:46 - last edited 2023-08-11 21:17:05

This also happened to my C320WS today.

The spotlight suddenly turned on (it was bright day) and since then even if I press the bulb icon, it countsdown 5 minutes stating that will keep the light off but whatever I do the spotlight stays on.

The setting in night mode is set to "infrared", even if I choose "day" mode the spotlight stays on and even If I go to the spotlight settings and set the brightness to "1" the spotlight stays on at the same brightness as before. Also now when I try to view the camera, at first I get a "press to refresh" (or something like that since it is in Greek) and only after I press, I see the live image.

I really cant believe that a product from a known company has this bug for so long and TP-LINK is not giving any usefull solution..

My camera is now located at the corner of the balcony ceiling, I managed to get it there although I am afraid of heights and I REALLY struggled to do so by having vertigo all the time and now what? I should get up there again to do a reset that I doubt that will help and eve  if it does it will probably mean that after some time the problem will come back?. Oh come on TP-Link...

My firmware is 1.0.5

The camera is version C320WS Version 2

Edit: I just noticed that in the list with the wifi networks I now see the "Tapo_Cam_XXXX" hotspot without any reset! Its like something is really messed up!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5469

Replies: 55

Related Articles