Please configure your DNS manually

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-18 16:09:36
Model: TD-W9960  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 0.8.0 v009d.0 Build 220621 Rel.58110n

hi i have problem that dns not set in my modem.i page in tp link website that say that was firnware version and say connet support

Options
3 Reply
Re:Please configure your DNS manually
2023-01-19 07:03:52

@mohsenrahimi 

Hi, I see your current firmware-1.4.0 Build 220621 is already the latest version for TD-W9960 V1.2. Do you have any issues when the web UI reports "Please configure your DNS manually"?

Best regards.

Options
2023-01-19 19:49:47 - last edited 2023-01-19 19:50:42

@David-TP  hi no it work correctly but when i set dns manually say reconfig parament and i think cant resolved dns.there is no beta update?

Options
2023-01-20 07:02:08

Changing your DNS is not the same as using a proxy or a VPN. All 3 are different things. That said, some VPNs do have their own DNS.

DNS is just the system used to fetch websites, i.e. when you type facebook[dot]com the DNS system is the one responsible for matching the domain name with the right IP address. Presto, your browser gets to the right page without you having to remember a random IP.

Changing your DNS can be done right now and it's not that complicated, but it does differ from one OS/device to another. You can opt for Cloudflare  or Google's DNS  and there are easy tutorials on how you can do it on your device and OS.

If your ISP tech said this would solve the issue, this is the fastest/safest solution. I'd go for Cloudflare. It's free and likely a safer/better choice than your ISP's

Options