Votes

Devices not working as advertised...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-22 21:26:00 - last edited 2023-02-01 03:21:51
Model: Tapo H100   Tapo T310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello.

I'm very disappointed, because those TP link ‘smart’ devices are not so functional, as TP link described them on their web site.

I have Tapo app version 2.11.44 and integrated devices P110, H100 and T310, with intention to control a radiator (IR panel) with temperature.

When integrating the devices, I followed the instructions prescribed in the quick instructions for each device and then followed the procedures in the application. They all seem to work correctly, at least, as they are all shown in the app, but not working like they should or described on web site.

The plug is working ok, the hub is working ok and also a T310 is connected to a hub and showing temperature and humidity, but can’t be used as a trigger to operate plug automatically.

When I’m in my home Wi-Fi, I can see all 3 devices in the app, but when I leave my home Wi-Fi and use Internet to access the smart devices, then I can see just 2 devices: P110 and H100, T310 goes offline and eventually disappears from the app. When I return to my home Wi-Fi, then it reappears back. T310 also shows a message, that this device, which is connected to a H100, is only operated locally.

When trying to set an automation, to be exact, I like to use a T310 – temperature for a trigger, there is only a H100 visable and no option of T310 using for trigger function.

To be honest, I know that all devices are correctly installed and working in local – home Wi-Fi, but they are still not working as TP-Link describes on their internet site. I also contacted their technical support and to be honest, I was really disappointed with their help – devices are still not working as described.

My suggestion to TP-Link is, that it should make sure their products work as advertised on their web site.

Maybe consider an option of connecting T310 to a network without hub, as I assume that then would not be a problem…

Regards,

Rok…

Options
1 Reply
Re:Devices not working as advertised...
2023-02-01 03:20:07

Hello @RokP75 

Thank you for starting a feature request. 

Actually, the T310  temperature sensor can be added in the Smart Action-Automation and working as the trigger. 

If the T310 is not available, please confirm T310 is online over the Internet, please check my reply c in your another thread here

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 221

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.