Internet is working but some apps often lose connection (e.g. Microsoft Teams)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-06 12:28:34
Model: RE605X  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

Hi,

my problem is that the laptop successfully connects to the internet (and I'm able to browse through chrome, and speed test with 90+ Mbps) but some apps like Microsoft Teams continually lose connection (e.g. messages stay unset for many minutes, calls are disconnected or large chuncks of conversation get lost) 

Tried to reset conection, I even changed the internet provider recently (and hence the main router) but the extender behavior remain the same

Model: 605X v2.0, firmware updated (1.0.2 build 20211118)

In addition it seems that sometimes connecting to the tplinkrepeater.net page it doesn't enter the admin page, instead it say "connect through the extender instead of the main router to acces the setup page" even if the laptop is correctly connected to the extender 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Internet is working but some apps often lose connection (e.g. Microsoft Teams)
2023-02-08 09:40:58

@Clod 

Hi, except for the Microsoft Teams, what are the other APPs that had the same issue?

Is your laptop capable of a cable connection? Would the disconnection continue when it is connected to RE605x via an Ethernet cable?

Can I have the model number of your new ISP router? and is the connection stable on the laptop when it is connected to the ISP router?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Internet is working but some apps often lose connection (e.g. Microsoft Teams)
2023-02-08 12:03:35 - last edited 2023-02-08 12:10:21

@David-TP 

Hi, Teams is the most evident evident issue because at a certain point all the messages remain stuck in the unsent status until I connect through the main router, a mobile hotspot or reset in some way the connection. Another thing I noticed is that doing a speedtest (on speedtest.net) the test doesn't start if Teams is stuck and at a certain point this message appears:

"UPLOAD TEST ERROR

A socket error occurred during the upload test. A firewall could be blocking the connection or the server might be having some issues. Please try again later.
Alternatively, check out our free Speedtest for Desktop apps for more reliable testing."

Browsing on other pages with chrome works (for example on the speedtest.net website itself). Turning off and on the wifi icon on Windows make it work again (Teams and speedtest)

I tried now to conect through ethernet directly to the 605X and up to now it didn't have any issue so it seems to be working.

Main router is a sky wifi hub (don't know he manufacturer) and the connection is always stable.

Can it be that the 605X has some internal filtering?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 275

Replies: 2

Related Articles