X50 - Apps not working over wifi

2024-03-13 21:08:31 - last edited 2024-03-18 01:29:42
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

I can't reach certain apps (spotify, teams, lidl, banking apps...) on wifi, but browsing websites works okay.

This issue persists accross all devices.

Resetting the network solves the problem, but only temporary. After a few hours the problem returns.

I'm using 4 Deco X50's hardware version 1.20 (EU) with firmware 1.2.0 (also didn't work on FW 1.1.0).

They are set up in access point mode, all wired.

Is this an known issue or does something need to be configured to get this working?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:X50 - Apps not working over wifi-Solution
2024-03-15 12:03:49 - last edited 2024-03-18 01:29:42

@David-TP 

Hello David,

Thanks for your questions, I tried connecting my phone to a USB network adapter, which surprisingly worked but also had the same issues.

I then tried connecting directly to the ISP modem/router, which still had the same issues, so this looked like an issue on the ISP side of things.

Disabling the built-in firewall of the ISP modem/router (and waiting for a bit due to DNS/caching?) seems to have solved the problems!

It's weird the issues only started after starting to use the Deco's though.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:X50 - Apps not working over wifi
2024-03-14 10:35:22

@JonaDes 

Hi, would there be any error message when you fail to reach these APPs?

I see Deco X50 is in AP mode, did you have similar issues when devices are on the WiFi of the main router?

I was wondering if the device is connected to Deco X50 via an Ethernet cable, will the same issue exist?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:X50 - Apps not working over wifi-Solution
2024-03-15 12:03:49 - last edited 2024-03-18 01:29:42

@David-TP 

Hello David,

Thanks for your questions, I tried connecting my phone to a USB network adapter, which surprisingly worked but also had the same issues.

I then tried connecting directly to the ISP modem/router, which still had the same issues, so this looked like an issue on the ISP side of things.

Disabling the built-in firewall of the ISP modem/router (and waiting for a bit due to DNS/caching?) seems to have solved the problems!

It's weird the issues only started after starting to use the Deco's though.

Recommended Solution
Options