How to configure Archer AX73 with empty WAN port?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-10 05:15:54

I have set up the AX73 router as an access point to extend my network coverage and it's working well with all my devices able to connect and access the internet. However, I am facing an issue with the WAN port on the AX73 being empty. This is affecting my ability to use certain features within the setup screen.

I have tried to research the issue and find a solution, but have not been able to find anything helpful. I am hoping someone in this community might have encountered this issue and be able to provide some guidance.

It is important for me to resolve this issue as I would like to take full advantage of the features that the AX73 router has to offer. I am confident that with the right information, I will be able to resolve this issue and have my network running smoothly.

In summary, I am looking for information on how to let the Archer AX73 know that the WAN port is empty and an internet connection is available so that I can utilize all the features within the setup screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to configure Archer AX73 with empty WAN port?
2023-02-10 17:56:21

@Reyestatrin 

Hi,

If the "Operation Mode" is switched from "Wireless Router Mode" to "Access Point Mode", then certain options and features of the router are being hidden. 
This has been done intentionally by TP-Link.

Also, in "Access Point Mode" the router's WAN port is being reconfigured as an additional LAN port.

On some TP-Link routers the router itself will only recognize an active Internet connection in "Access Point Mode" if the Ethernet cable coming from the main router is plugged in the WAN (Internet) port, but not when plugged in a LAN port. This could be seen as sort of a bug.

By the way. Most of the features that are hidden in "Access Point Mode" would be of no use anyway in this mode, but unfortunately TP-Link seems to have also removed some options that would be useful for users, one popular example being "LED Control". If "LED Control" is missing from the GUI in "Access Point Mode", then the user would have to temporarily switch the router to "Wireless Router Mode", setup the LED Control to his/her liking and then switch back to "Access Point Mode".

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 554

Replies: 1

Related Articles