Guest Wlan: Can't find the option - Allow guests to access your local network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-15 22:52:19 - last edited 2023-02-16 11:31:06
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.1

I use my router as an access point.

Customized a guest network for guests.

By customizing the network I wanted to set the option: Allow guests to access your local network

But I can't find the option in the settings for my guest network.

There is only the option Allow guests to see each other.

Are there any conditions to see this option? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Guest Wlan: Can't find the option - Allow guests to access your local network
2023-02-16 11:38:01

Hello @AHE 

Thanks for asking in the community.

When the Archer C80 is working in AP mode, the guest network and the main belong to the same network, and you cannot disable the guests to access the local network.

The main reason to have the main network and the guest network when it works in AP mode is to distinguish the two, as some customers prefer not to share wireless credentials with guests.

Imagine when the router is working in AP mode, and it is allowed to configure isolation between the main and the guest, the devices connected to the guest will not be able to access the internet, as they cannot communicate with the gateway in this configuration.

Options