Drastic reduction in speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-17 20:34:32
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've just purchased the AV600 kit & set it up with little problem. I live in a more rural area anyway, so my internet speed isn't great but I normally average 80mbps which is fine for what I need. My PC is in the shed which is only about 10 meters from the router but I'm only getting speeds of 8-10mbps maximum.

It doesn't change with the placement of the extender, it's been placed in the shed, and at various points about the house with no change.

I connected with the laptop indoors and hit about 35mbps, so although much better was still only about half of my usual speed & it was next to the router/extender.

Is there maybe an issue with my PC (it's a high spec 2 year old gaming PC) causing the loss of speed, or something I need to configure with the extender?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Drastic reduction in speed
2023-02-18 18:15:33

@Darren89 I Have been having similar issues with connection to my home server and after a lot of troubleshooting i have found my tplink powerline adapter to be the problem.

i an getting speeds of 200Mbps through a product advertised at a 1000Mbps.. through some further digging i have found this on tplink website...

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/2928/

it seems to suggest that advertised speeds on the box are not what you will actually be capable of getting in the real world which leads me to believe we have been mislead as to what the products are capable of achieving.

i have used tplink quite a lot in the past but will not be any longer as i believe this is intentional and is done to trick the general consumer.

i hope this helps as im not sure you will get a response from tp link themselves on this from what i have seem on other threads of a similar topic.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 299

Replies: 1

Related Articles