TP-Link Archer VR1600v to an ASUS RT-AX58U Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-21 08:33:05

I have a modem/router (TP-Link VR1600v) That I thought I would upgrade/piggyback with a much further-reaching and VPN hosting router (ASUS RT-AX58U) that also allows an external HDD to create a small NAS setup

So! I have done some light reading on the topic, and was able to set up the Router on it's own, set up a wireless network, all that stuff - No problem.

from there i followed instructions that said to turn my modem into bridge mode, and deleting the internet profile/settings. This didnt seem to change the underlying issue - No internet was going into the router, thus nothing being 'routed' :(

When i went to the router page - There was no internet connection going to it, so i decided to try a few different settings, and nothing would fix it.

From there i reset my modem AND the router both to factory settings and after a brief time the internet is back, but - The router is once again sitting there, generating a funnily named wifi network, that has no internet connected to it :(

Any advice or support would be greatly appreciated!

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer VR1600v to an ASUS RT-AX58U Router
2023-02-23 08:33:03

@Harenga 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I am a little confused about your setup. is it like this:

Internet----DSL---Archer VR1600V( bridge mode only)----ASUS RT-AX58U Router

If yes, after deleting the network profile settings on the VR1600v, you might need to configure the internet profile on Asus, like a PPPoE broadband connection.

Best regards.

Options