6GHz network SSID not visible so cannot connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-23 21:26:19 - last edited 2023-03-03 01:03:51
Tags: #Highlighted Thread #6Ghz not detected
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20221020 Rel. 40492

Hi all, first time poster here wink

I have recently purchased 2-pack of Deco XE75 Pro. Both set up & working fine with ethernet backhaul between main and satellite unit.

There is however one issue: despite setting 'Use 6 GHz Wi-Fi for: Wi-Fi Network & Backhaul' my laptop cannot discover 6 GHz network (laptop has compatible Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz network card). I have tried to change WPA3 to OWE (these are only options available under 'Security') but still 6 GHz SSID is not visible.

Any hints how to make this working, hence I bought 6E devices after all.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:6GHz network SSID not visible so cannot connect-Solution
2023-03-02 14:54:43 - last edited 2023-03-03 00:40:37

@David-TP 

Couple days gone and I have not heard anything from your Tech Support. However I think I know where the problem lies: operating system....

I have just read that you need Windows 11 for Wifi 6E to work!

Unfortunately my laptop runs on Windows 10 Home (build 10.0.19045) and according to the below is unfortunately not compatible with upgrade to Win 11 due to unsupported CPU

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:6GHz network SSID not visible so cannot connect
2023-02-24 01:03:44

@nabrU 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

It is suggested to refer to the suggestions here:

[Case Sharing] Possible Fix for Intel Wi-Fi Cards : AX210/AX211

Please let me know whether it worked or not.

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-24 15:06:20 - last edited 2023-02-24 15:07:13

@David-TP 

Thanks very much for your prompt response.

Unfortunately suggestions you have linked do not work for me.

Network Device Disabling 6GHz Frequency due to AP's Country Code

Not sure I can do anything with this. I'm in the UK (and have checked all possible Windows 10 region & language settings) and purchased Decos from Amazon UK so hopefully their country code is set up for UK to allow to broadcast on 6 GHz. The Wifi card in the laptop is actually retrofitted one also purchased from Amazon UK (the original card was only 802.11bgn).

Older driver - 22.45. X for Intel AX210

I have downgraded the driver to the one suggested (have 22.45.1.1 now) but I still cannot see my 6GHz network. I have tried to hide 6GHz SSID in Deco app, reboot Decos then unhide it and reboot again but to no avail - still can't see 6 GHz. I have checked all relevant advanced settings of this network adapter and even set the preference to 6 GHz band but still nothing.

Any other suggestrions?

Options
2023-02-26 22:47:54

As per your statement, you are unable to see the SSID of your 6GHz network and hence cannot connect to it. This can happen due to various reasons such as:

1. The 6GHz network may not be enabled on your device or router.
  2. Your device may not support 6GHz network connectivity.
  3. The 6GHz network may not be broadcasting its SSID, which means it is hidden.

To troubleshoot the issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Check if your device supports 6GHz network connectivity. If it doesn't, you won't be able to connect to the network.
  2. Check if the 6GHz network is enabled on your router or access point.
  3. If the 6GHz network is hidden, try entering the SSID manually on your device.
  4. Restart your device and the router/access point.
  5. If none of the above steps work, try resetting your router/access point to its default settings.

I hope this helps you in resolving the issue.

Options
2023-02-28 09:46:23

@nabrU 

Thanks for the update.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Please let me know whether you have received the email from us.

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-28 10:17:08

@David-TP 

Many thanks,  support email received.

In the meantime I have tried to enable Guest Network to see if 6G potentially works. So activated Guest Network, still can't see 6GHz, only 2.4 & 5GHz seen. Rebooted both Decos but still nothing so switched the Guest Network off.

Tried to switch the 6G band off in Advanced settings of my AX210 Wifi card and turn it on again - no avail

Therefore looking forward for further investigation.

Options
Re:6GHz network SSID not visible so cannot connect-Solution
2023-03-02 14:54:43 - last edited 2023-03-03 00:40:37

@David-TP 

Couple days gone and I have not heard anything from your Tech Support. However I think I know where the problem lies: operating system....

I have just read that you need Windows 11 for Wifi 6E to work!

Unfortunately my laptop runs on Windows 10 Home (build 10.0.19045) and according to the below is unfortunately not compatible with upgrade to Win 11 due to unsupported CPU

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-03-03 01:02:46

@nabrU 

Thanks for the update. I am glad that you have located the root cause.

And I am really sorry for missing such an important detailblush. Thanks again for your time and patience.

Best regards.

Options
2023-03-12 16:30:46

@David-TP and others

Just to let you know I have manually installed Windows 11 (i.e. did full clean install despite CPU being incompatible) and finally laptop has been able to discover and connect to 6GHz network yes

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2370

Replies: 8

Tags

Highlighted Thread
6Ghz not detected
Related Articles