X50 1.20EU firmware update (preferred signal)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-04 17:58:38

I have the x50 

hardware version 1.20

firmware: 1.0.1

I've seen newer firmware updates for version 1 which includes signal preference selection for devices and that made me switch from x20 to x50, however I see that there are multiple hardware revisions and for some inexplicable reason, each hardware revision gets updates at different times and gets different features available. 

I am confused as to why the release cycles are so unpredictable and strange, and why does the same device have different revisions that makes it behave like a totally different product? 

Tplink Dave, you seem to be able to find beta firmware, is there any beta available for my hardware revision? Is it planned to be ever updated? Thanks !

Options
2 Reply
Re:X50 1.20EU firmware update (preferred signal)
2023-03-06 11:28:31

@Devtekve Hi, welcome to the community.

I am afraid there is no beta firmware for V1.2 yet.

Usually, a different HW might be a new chipset platform used to achieve the same network performance. The software features of V1.2 is almost the same as V1 and V1.2 is also planned to get updated with the same features.

Best regards.

Options
Re:X50 1.20EU firmware update (preferred signal)
2023-03-06 12:32:00
Hi TPLink Dave, I also have a X50 V1.2 and I’m very interested in the new firmware with built in VPN. I wonder if you have any idea of timeline for this update? Are we talking weeks or months or is indeed not a high priority and we are talking years. Thanks! Chris
Options