Change frequency used on several X50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-04 19:04:30
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 20221103

Hello,

Note that the version mentioned on the (currently accessible) device is V1.20... I supposed it was the 20 since I just bought it...

So... I have a single storey house: living room on one side and bedrooms on the other side, and a warehouse/workshop and a small boutique on the other side of my back garden.

I placed 4 X50: one in the living room (main one), one close to the bedrooms, one in the workshop and one in the boutique...

We don't like WiFi while sleeping so we don't power the one close to the bedrooms during the night and I had to deactivate the 2.4GHz signal so that the WiFi coming from the living room doesn't get to the bedrooms (as 5GHz doesn't go as far)

As the workshop and boutique are too far from the living room I connected them over ethernet through a switch (connected to the modem). The boutique is daisy chained (wired) to the workshop.

As I currently have only one cable between the switch and the living room I had to configure as access point to get all Deco working (seeing each other through the switch). 

Here is my first question: would it be possible to make it work as router if I connect directly the main Deco to the modem and add a cable from that Deco to the switch to distribute the internet to the other Deco and other wired users? 

And the second question: would it be possible to activate 2.4 and 5GHz separately for each Deco X50? Because I don't want the 2.4 in the living room for sleeping but I have older devices in the workshop and boutique that don't have the 5GHz... (I had to use my older wifi router with another wifi ssid to make it work)

Thanks in advance for your help

Options
1 Reply
Re:Change frequency used on several X50
2023-03-04 21:13:52 - last edited 2023-03-04 21:14:07

@CoOlOccd 

Below are answers to your two questions.

A1. Yes. You can make Main Deco work as a router when you rewire it the way you plan to. The following document discusses wiring of Deco units: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

A2. No. It is not possible to activate 2.4 and 5GHz separately for each Deco X50. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 231

Replies: 1