I am switching out of M5 as I have just been unable to have stable performance.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-09 18:01:05
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Latest

It is just unbearable instability. Which mesh system you have with configurable channels? I will switch to that.

If you do not have one, I will be forced to go through the pain of leaving TP-Link behind.

Options
4 Reply
Re:I am switching out of M5 as I have just been unable to have stable performance.
2023-03-10 03:03:55

@jmvillafana 

Welcome to the community.

So far, Deco is still not supported to change the wireless channels.

I wish you could provide more details about your network instability and why you tend to think it is channel related. If it is not allowed to manually customize the wireless channel, I am sure the engineers could provide a workaround for us.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:I am switching out of M5 as I have just been unable to have stable performance.
2023-03-10 04:11:17

@jmvillafana None of the Deco models have the option to "set channels manually", and I don't think it'll be added in the future

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2023-05-25 10:58:10

@ImtiazAli 

Pretty bad. Because also need this feature.

I have a location where i have 8 Deco,but in each Deco location i a frequency what overlaps with Deco.
So i want to be able manually to change Channel in specific location, or Deco app to change based on each Deco.
Not to switch all of them on 1 channel. 8 Deco on the same channel is a issue,big issue especially if you have a 3-4 level building and neighbors have Wifi also what overlaps with your own.

Best Regards
Options
2023-05-26 19:43:49
I'm in the same situation. Problems would be solved of I could switch channels. Unfortunately TP-Link thinks we need a babysitter. The network optimization button is a placebo. It never changes channel even though it's severely congested. It's fake. I'm looking for a different brand also.
Options