India Jio SIM stops working on TP-Link LTE Gateway Routers after upgrading to 5G

India Jio SIM stops working on TP-Link LTE Gateway Routers after upgrading to 5G

408 Reply
Re:India Jio SIM stops working on TP-Link LTE Gateway Routers after upgrading to 5G
2024-03-17 17:16:16

@Sunshine  i have been using Jio5G sim for last 6 months and able to use the MR600 router (external antenna) , without out any issues after upgrading the firmware (V2_230801 - beta). Recently from last 1 week my router stopped working for JIO Sim and when i called to customer care they have confirmed that in India with JIO sim TPlink MR600 no longer working , if it is still working then your luck something like that.

Please confirm if this is true because till MAR-01-2024 iam able to use the internet with jio sim , now i can only open the URL for tplink by using JIO sim where my signal strength 75% , http://192.168.1.1/ but other than this nothing working for me.

If still JIO sim works fine , please confirm . If it stop working for all please let me know so that i stop playing with my router with external antenna.

Regards,

Kishor

Options
Re:India Jio SIM stops working on TP-Link LTE Gateway Routers after upgrading to 5G
2024-03-18 02:15:52

KishorK9 wrote

@Sunshine  i have been using Jio5G sim for last 6 months and able to use the MR600 router (external antenna) , without out any issues after upgrading the firmware (V2_230801 - beta). Recently from last 1 week my router stopped working for JIO Sim and when i called to customer care they have confirmed that in India with JIO sim TPlink MR600 no longer working , if it is still working then your luck something like that.

Please confirm if this is true because till MAR-01-2024 iam able to use the internet with jio sim , now i can only open the URL for tplink by using JIO sim where my signal strength 75% , http://192.168.1.1/ but other than this nothing working for me.

If still JIO sim works fine , please confirm . If it stop working for all please let me know so that i stop playing with my router with external antenna.

Regards,

Kishor

@KishorK9 

Hi, you mean TP-Link India support team or Jio customer care said that?

Please share with us screenshots of Advanced->Status page, Advanced->Network->Internet page along with system log files of MR600 with Jio 5G SIM.

Also confirm whether it still works fine on other 4G device.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-03-18 05:28:41

@Sunshine  I got the update from Tplink India support saying that JIO stopped working in MR600, which is wrong, yesterday I tried to do the setting changes again and it is working, thanks for your prompt response.

Regards,

kishor

Options
2024-03-18 09:57:59

@KishorK9 

Thanks a lot for the update, we community didn't receive that kind of information, glad to hear that it works again now.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-03-21 19:03:20

@Sunshine 

I upgraded the firmware provided above for mr600 v3.

But still I fon't xlat option in pdp

Please help.

Options
2024-03-22 01:19:33

@Rav1 

Hi, did you try to create a new profile manually? please share with us screenshots of the PDP Type list and also the firmware version of your MR600 V3.

Options
2024-03-23 15:55:56 - last edited 2024-03-23 15:58:57

@Sunshine 

Dear Sunshine,

I hope you're doing well. I wanted to update you on recent developments with JioSIM configuration. Jio has shifted most SIM cards to the 5G network, prompting adjustments to Access Point Name (APN) settings. Notably, APN configurations on phones differ from those on routers, as illustrated in the attached screenshot.

Considering your preference for MCC and MNC codes, integrating these into MR600 configurations would enhance user experience. My attempt to modify APN settings disrupted my connection, emphasizing the need for comprehensive information like MNC, MCC, and APN name.

For future improvements, I suggest exploring Airtel SIM compatibility. Addressing messaging issues on the beta version is crucial. Additionally, a firmware update enabling WiFi-based calls through VoWIFI or VoLTE could revolutionize user experience.

Please reach out for further assistance. I'm eager to contribute to JioSIM's enhancements.

File:
Screenshot_2024-03-23-21-00-44-59.jpgDownload
Options
2024-03-24 16:41:47

@Sunshine 

I have good signal with Jio Sim but the speed is very low, do you suggest any better options to increase the speed.

My down speed is around 10 to 15 mbps but the upload is less than 0.5 mbps, where as if i use my mobile i get better speed than this.

Regards,

kishor

Options
2024-03-25 03:22:59

@KishorK9 

Hi, what is the model no and hardware version of your 4G router?

Based on the screenshots, your router is working on band 40, and you selected band 3, 5 and 40 manually. You could try to select band 3 only, or band 5 only to see if the router will work on band 3 or 5 and then compare the speed.

By the way, usually mobile phones supports much higher LTE category which supports multiple carrier aggregations, the speed of the phone might be indeed faster than the 4G router, especially your router is working on band 40 only now.

Options
2024-03-25 03:27:56

@mnekum 

Thank you very much for the feedback especially the MCC/MNC, we are always trying to collect more MCC/MNC for better compatibility with Jio 5G SIM card. 

Regarding other issues or feature request, we will record it and report to development team for evaluation.

By the way, what do you mean by messaging issue with Airtel SIM? If SMS message doesn't work on MR600 with Airtel SIM card, please start a new thread and provide more details.

Options