Deco slow with new virgin hub

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco slow with new virgin hub

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:Deco slow with new virgin hub
2023-03-30 14:06:46

@Se1lad in my new virgin hub 5 theres an ethernet port what says 2.5 on it. Am i best using that port to connect the ethernet too what runs upstairs to the deco

Cheers

Options
2023-03-30 14:18:00

@Chriscox86 if you are running your hub 5 in router mode it won't matter which port you use as the current deco you have can't take advantage of the faster port.  If you use the 2.5gig port it will simply connect at 1gig.

Options
2023-03-30 14:29:51

@Se1lad so with access mode my devices will just connect automatically when nearby and connect to virgin hub downstairs when the signal is stronger right? I'll probably only use 1 deco doing it that way with access point upstairs. 

Thanks 

Options
2023-03-30 14:46:15

Chriscox86 wrote

@Se1lad so with access mode my devices will just connect automatically when nearby and connect to virgin hub downstairs when the signal is stronger right? I'll probably only use 1 deco doing it that way with access point upstairs. 

Thanks 

@Chriscox86 That's how it should work, but you may find some devices will stick on which ever access point they connect to first.  Other option is to give each access point a different name, and then you can manually move devices between them as you move around the house.

Options
2023-03-30 14:54:08

@Se1lad  thanks alot for all your help i'll let you know how i get on. 

Options
2023-03-31 19:35:33

@Se1lad 

Hi ive set it up and the speeds are better doing it that way with the deco as an access point upstairs and the virgin hub downstairs as a router. The problem is my devices are only staying connected to 1 and not auto connecting when the signal is better to the other network. Is there a setting you can change so it will auto connect to the best strongest network. Thanks

Options
Related Articles