Strange problem with my router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-30 14:13:06 - last edited 2023-03-31 00:32:43
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

The model is : TD-W8961ND (not N)

Suddenly the router stopped wireless and the wifi led didnt lights , the router works fine through cable Ethernet(lan) only

i tried to push the small button (wifi) on the router , nothing happened

I entered the interface from my computer(192.168.1.1)  didnt find the wireless (wlan)section that used to be there

I tried to reset nothing happened

I tried to re download the firmware again , nothing happened 

I contacted the local agent , he didnt know why this problem and says he never faced this problem before

Any ideas ?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Strange problem with my router
2023-04-10 01:31:42 - last edited 2023-04-10 01:31:55

@Khaled_eg 

Hi, Have you tried to leave it power off for about 10mins, then power it back and reset it once again?

If still nothing happened, I am afraid the wifi module of this device is broken and needs to be replaced.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-10 15:23:35

@David-TP 

Hi ,

Yes i tried that with no success 

I already send it to the repair and they suspected in wifi module too , they will check and give me a report

Options
2023-04-13 15:52:13

@David-TP 

Hi again , 

I just received the router from tplink agent ( i think he changed the wifi module )

and when i went home the wifi worked and it appears agian in the interface , after a few minutes it wents off again and disappeared again from the interface ,

the agent is closed tomorrow and after tomorrow,  any ideas ?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 389

Replies: 3

Related Articles