Human verification issues on your site

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-01 05:55:04

It is so frustrating to use your support and forums.  The timeout is so freaking short it is a real pain in the tail.  You can't even begin to type a response or question in a thread before it times out and you have to do the human verification again.  That's not the worst.  The worst is that your human verification mechanisms are huge violations of the US American's with Disabilities Act, or ADA.

The ADA requires that public access, including websites, take reasonable steps to allow access to all.  Your human verification systems are both significant violations that practically seem to be intentional (I'm sure they're not as intentional as they seem) interference for the visually or physically handicapped.

The car route challenge is difficult to see and follow and anyone with less than perfect eye sight and color recognition would not be able to pass that test.  When I get that test to access your site, and I get a test every few minutes which is a pointless nuisance, I often have to guess at it several times before it finally gives me a different test.  The other test is even worse. and is extremely painful, physically.  The fine motor skills required to precision drag the pointer to align the patterns causes very bad pain in my hands and, I am sure, in hands for anyone of age and any physical limitations just from age or arthritis, let alone more extreme physical handicaps. 

I am a fan of TP-Link - look how many years I've had my account here.  But I do want to let you know there are significant regulatory and financial risks to TP-Link for not providing reasonable accommodations in their public access.  I can let you know here on the forum more of the legal risks and examples of what other companies have experienced over website accessibility issues, or we can communicate privately.  You can contact me by the email address on my account, from which we can have a phone or email conversation on how to make your site just reasonably accessible.  The only other alternative would be to follow the paths listed in the ADA for full legal steps which I really, really, don't think we'd have to do. 

Please pass this to whomever in your US offices is responsible for ADA compliance and then they and I can have a friendly chat.  I'm confident that TP-Link will want to do the right thing to make reasonable changes to allow as many as possible to access your site.without the impediments of the specific tools you use for human verification.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 286

Replies: 0

Related Articles