Votes

Monitor the Garage door - alarm if longer than 15 min open

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-04 09:43:41 - last edited 2023-04-07 09:50:58

Hi,

I'd like to Monitor my Garage door. If it is open for more than 10 minutes, an alarm schuld be started. Either a tapo 110 Socket connector or an alarm Sound on the tapo h100. A message to my Phone Would also be nice.

I bought a tapo t110 sensor which should do the job. But i can online execute commands after two possible events: on opening the sensor and open the sensor for one Minute.

One Minute is too short for opening the Garage, Park the car and close the door.

Do you have a hint for me?

Thanks a lot

Christian

Options
3 Reply
Re:Monitor the Garage door - alarm if longer than 15 min open
2023-04-06 12:11:13 - last edited 2023-04-07 09:50:19

@ChristianGu 

Hi,
Below is the instruction to create a Smart Actions entry on the Tapo app for your Tapo T110. You can enable the Delay Action and select a delay time when creating an Automation entry to trigger the alarm starts when the Garage door is opened.
How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) for my Tapo devices
Best Regards

Options
2023-04-06 19:26:56 - last edited 2023-04-07 09:50:19

@ChristianGu Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it is only possible, to react on two events:

a) the door opens

b) the door is open for at least one minute.

I tried your suggestion with the delay. That leads to a delayed alarm, but the alert happens, if the door is open for at least one minute. If I adjust the delay of the alarm to 10 minutes and open the door for 8 minutes and close it, it should not alert me. But it does. :-(

The one minute option from above(b) is too short for me. It is not possible to open the door, park the car and close the door in less than 1 minute.

Therefore I am looking for a solution, that alerts me only if the door is open for more than for example 10 minutes (because I forgot to close the door properly).

Do you have another suggestion?

Options
2023-04-07 09:48:12 - last edited 2023-04-07 09:50:19

@ChristianGu 

Thank you for your detailed explanation, and I know the feature you requested, but the Tapo T110 does not have it. I'll log this feature request and pass it along to the team for evaluation, while we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the Tapo T110, or when it might.

I'm moving this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Tapo)' area for better visibility.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 289

Replies: 3

Voters 2