Intermittent failure to obtain IP Address for Wifi Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-05 16:13:36
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.51

Interesting dilemma here. After some recent outages which have (according to my ISP) been resolved, many devices in my house are intermittently failing to connect to our DecoMesh network. It seems nearly random in terms of what devices are affected and when. My phone might not be connecting while another one is doing fine. Usually devices will cite a failure to obtain or configure the network's IP address, but none of the usual setting issues (IP blacklisting, MAC address blacklisting, wifi security type, band incompatibility, roaming issues etc) appear to be the issue here, since everything worked fine on these same devices for a year or longer up until about a week ago. I'm confident it's an issue with the router, whether it's a software error (on the latest version) or something wrong in the settings.

Anyone else had this issue? Would appreciate some help because the unstable connection is really driving me nuts.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Intermittent failure to obtain IP Address for Wifi Network
2023-04-06 07:40:56

@lunagrzan 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Would there be any devices that connect to Deco via an Ethernet cable?

• If yes, have you noticed the same issue on the wired clients?

Can I have the model number of the devices that you have noticed dropped out frequently?

And there are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Disable "Mesh Technology" on the mobile devices that dropped out a lot.

2. Temporarily turn off "fast roaming" and "beamforming" under Deco APP>More>Advanced

Fix unstable connection when connected to the Deco network (case 3)

By the way, could you please leave me a private message with the MAC address on the main Deco X60?

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options
Re:Intermittent failure to obtain IP Address for Wifi Network
2023-04-06 11:23:09

@David-TP 

I have noticed occasional issues with ethernet clients but they're much more infrequent- it might be a separate issue.

All devices having trouble connecting have previously worked perfectly with roaming and other mesh features.

In terms of model number- I'm not sure whether you're referring to the devices that can't connect or the mesh units themselves. Either way, my phone, my laptop, and my e-reader are all dealing with frequent dropouts and since the former two are quite new, I think it's not an issue with their settings. We have 3 Deco Mesh X60 AX3000s. I hope that's what you were looking for.

Options