Archer Ax73 malfunction

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer Ax73 malfunction

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer Ax73 malfunction
Archer Ax73 malfunction
2023-04-14 09:00:39
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20230119 rel.61293

Hi!

I would like to ask for a help about AX73 malfunction.

The ethernet (wired) is not working for LG webos TV, but works with a laptop. It works after I (hard) reset the router.

Sometimes the wifi is not working (device shows DNS problem). It works after I (hard) reset the router.

The VPN function is not working (L2TP). It works after I (hard) reset the router.

Is it a firmware problem or hardware?

I really do not want to make hard reset always...

How I can solve or monitoring these problems?

Of course the log file does not show anything.

Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer Ax73 malfunction
2023-04-25 05:58:28

@Wudoou 

Hello, upgrade and install the latest official firmware on the AX73 to observe if it helps with the issues you're experiencing with the current setup:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-ax73/v1/#Firmware

If the issue persists, please help provide the below information:

1. How is the AX73 connected to the network? Is there another router or modem or switch?

2. When the internet stops working on the LG webos TV or the wireless devices, is the internet LED on the AX73 always green?

3. Who is your ISP? Will you always get a stable connection if you connect the TV or laptop to the ISP-provided modem directly?

Options
2023-04-25 07:49:00

@Kevin_Z 

Hi!

Thanks for your answer.

I have already installed the new firmware before yesterday. I am monitoring and testing the router. 

1.My router connected to the network via media converter as my internet came from optic cable (my ISP is giganet). There is no switch between ISP and my gateway.

2. Yes and for example wifi on my phone works perfectly on that time (?).

3. My ISP is giganet and they use only optic fiber, it is stable.

The VPN function does not work either. I use L2TP server function on my router and I wanted to connect my network via TP-LINK DNS VPN.

I made a registration to the Tp-link dns and I wanted to use this domain name to the VPN client connection (Iphone 14).

Unfortunatelly it works only via lan network when I tried to connect via wan (or 4g) it does not work.

So I check the new firmware but VPN still not working.

Is there a setting I missed?

Thanks.

Options
2023-05-01 12:53:38

@Wudoou I have similar setup with ax73 on giganet. Only thing is I have a Samsung TV and use OpenVPN, but haven't had any issues. Have you had any issues with Wifi whilst TV is off? Have you tried a similar setup with the giganet router? the way i see it it could be the TV or the router at fault.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 414

Replies: 3

Related Articles