X20 Change Wifi Channel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

X20 Change Wifi Channel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
X20 Change Wifi Channel
X20 Change Wifi Channel
2023-04-21 18:04:52
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I know that Deco automatically selects the channel that is best based on the surroundings (comment below), but I am curious about my situation in which I moved recently. All of my neighbors are all on the same channel and the Deco has not switched channels. Do I need to do a factory reset and set them up again to get those features?

TIA!

Firstly, we need to clarify that the wireless channels on the current Deco firmware are not manually configurable as Deco automatically selects a 2.4GHz channel to use based on what it sees around it, selecting the channel that has the least interference. The 5GHz channel appears to be configured based on the region the device was manufactured for use in and they are apparently not auto-selected and are definitely not manually configurable.

Secondly, we need to reiterate what is the point of having a whole mesh Wi-Fi system in your network. The whole point of mesh networks is to give a seamless, unfettered, and performant experience for wireless networking, and thus a mesh network is "self-configuring" and "self-healing", the network automatically incorporates a new node into the existing structure without needing any adjustments manually by a network administrator and it automatically finds the fastest and most reliable paths to send data. If you change the wireless channel on the Deco nodes manually, it may give you the risk of losing the other Deco nodes and thus ruin your Deco system, you may need to start over again to reconfigure them.

Options
2 Reply
Re:X20 Change Wifi Channel
2023-04-22 18:18:52

@cmill14 

No, you do not need to reset

Under advanced settings, there is a tool called   Network Optimisation.  Run this tool and it will re-scan the airspace for you

Options
Re:X20 Change Wifi Channel
2023-04-23 01:39:34

@Philbert this is very helpful and cleared up my clogged signal really quick! Thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 870

Replies: 2

Related Articles