I have two circuits. Are wifi extenders (e.g. RE360) the best solution?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-01 13:20:34 - last edited 2023-05-01 13:38:47
Model: TL-PA4010 KIT  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I have two electrical circuits in my house. I hadn't expected my new Powerline extenders to work 'beyond the break', as it were, and indeed they don't. So if I buy a couple of TP-Link wifi extenders (RE360s perhaps?) would that be the best solution? I've had no end of trouble with a BT Whole Home system due to the thick walls in this old house, and am intending to ditch the discs in favour of a system based (as far as is possible) on a Powerline setup, but it looks as though I'm going to have to depend on wifi for the second network.

However, if I can get a strong signal into one wireless extender, is there a way for a Powerline unit to pick that signal up and transfer it through the mains to other Powerline extenders in the second circuit? Having said that, I think I'd only need two extenders in the second circuit, as that's in the newer part of the house where the walls are breeze blocks.

I have to point out, though, that the second circuit is quite a distance from the router, so there might be a problem if the wifi extender had to take its signal from the router itself. (My hope is that it would take it from the nearest Powerline extender, which would be literally on the other side of a breeze block wall.)

BTW, I had thought that I could use the BT Whole Home discs as wifi extenders to the Powerline system, but I don't think they're willing to play ball. I tried to pair them with the Powerline extenders, and they did show an encouraging blue light, but don't appear to be emitting any kind of signal.

Please excuse any glaring misconceptions in the above - I'm new to all this.

Gareth

Options
1 Reply
Re:I have two circuits. Are wifi extenders (e.g. RE360) the best solution?
2023-05-05 06:10:29

@Gareth_Glyn 

Hi, I noticed that you have another thread and we've already replied: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/607764

If you still have any problem, please let us know.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 432

Replies: 1

Related Articles