New Release Introducing New HomeShield Firmware for Archer AX55
Happy to inform you the new firmware for Archer AX55 V1 has been publicly released now. This new version makes important updates for HomeShield Pro services as well as a lot more features. Please check for the updates on your router web GUI or Tether App for the new firmware, or you can download the latest firmware from the website as follows:
Archer AX55_V1_1.2.2 Build 230511 (official firmware updated on 6/9/2023)
1. Added Wireguad VPN feature.
If you wonder how to use WireGuard VPN feature with the router, check this previous thread.
2. Added lots of Advanced features to AP mode.
Important: Once changing the AX55 to work in AP mode, you won't be able to enjoy or configure HomeShield anymore.
- With this version, you will get an IoT network when the AX55 is working in Access Point Mode.
- You can configure Wireless Schedule for the wireless network.
- You could enable or disable WPS.
- You could configure Access Control for the network.
3. Added Flow Control switch.
4. Supported configuring the local DNS server as the Internet DNS server.
5. Optimized VPN client feature.
6. Optimized web UI of some advanced functions.
7. Improved the accuracy of Client Type Identification in the offline state.
8. Enhancing the Parental Control feature to support blocking traffic in more scenarios.
1. Fixed the bug that caused Apple devices to be recognized as "unknown" devices at times.
2. Fixed some bugs related to the HomeShield feature, which enhances the stability and reliability of the network security function.
Welcome to upgrade and install this pre-released version on your Archer AX55, and feel free to report back to us with bugs, faults, errors, and your thoughts on how to improve.