Votes

Add support for DNS over TLS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-24 06:37:19 - last edited 2023-05-24 06:41:54
Tags: #DNS over TLS
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer AXE75(EU)_V1_1.1.6 Build 20221208

Recently i discovered that my ISP hijacks my DNS queries and injects his own DNS servers even if in TP-Link router i enter specific DNS servers to use (Cloudflare IPV4&IPV6).

According to GDPR,  network architectures will need to deter DNS hijacking and the use of DNS for exfiltration. The main challenges here are related not to the hacktivists and malware seeking to vandalize the systems, but to sophisticated attackers who know which specific sets of data they aim to exfiltrate.

In my case ISP is the “sophisticated attacker”.

Since the enforcement of GDPR to ISPs meets various obstacles from them a solution was found for immediate use.

I switch my TP-Link router for an other manufacturer router that supports DNS over TLS at firmware level and the problem was solved. No more DNS hijacking and injecting from my ISP. My DNS queries remains my own in term of privacy and security.
It is vital, not even for security reason but also privacy (not to mention GDPR compliance) that DNS over TLS ability should be given top priority for TP-Links routers.

Options
3 Reply
RE:Add support for DNS over TLS
2023-05-26 04:40:32
Need DOT support
Options
Re:Add support for DNS over TLS
2023-07-31 03:51:58

Hello @KostasPap and anyone else who is requesting DoH and DoT support for the TP-Link device, please check the below threads.

Currently, we have already supported DoH on some of the Wi-Fi routers as stated below:

Official Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C6 V4 Is Publicly Available Now!

Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

For other models, I believe they will also get the DoH support and other features soon via firmware or hardware upgrade. It's suggested to keep an eye on the device App for any firmware upgrade.

It's also suggested to pay attention to any New Firmware or Beta Program or Early Access threads that are published here in the community, which will show you some newly implemented features that are supported by new firmware updates.

Options
RE:Add support for <span class='search-highlight'>DNS</span> <span class='search-highlight'>over</span> <span class='search-highlight'>TLS</span>
2023-08-21 02:39:50
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Hardware Version: Archer BE800 v1.0
Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 522

Replies: 3

Voters 4

Tags

DNS over TLS