Deco PX50 not using Powerline backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco PX50 not using Powerline backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
111 Reply
Re:Deco PX50 not using Powerline backhaul
2023-09-25 13:17:19

I got the 3 pack yesterday and first it wouldn't use the powerline backhaul, but I updated the firmware which maybe fixed that. 

But when using a Roku next to the main node, the Roku connected to the furthest node generating a wifi signal causing the Roku to drop. 

Also while using a laptop in one area on one node, and moving to another area, the laptop stays connected to the original node even though I'm right next to the second node (which is also the main node). 

So, it's not "seamless" which is why I got it. Another point, the internet is just not as fast while using this. 

A tad frustrating. 

Options
2023-10-18 10:26:39

@David-TP 

I have a new installation (2 days ago), it has a weak wifi connection between the main unit and the first satellite, then a fair wifi connection to the next satellite. Both are showing powerline as active. However it prioritises the wifi. It does not show an option to permanently select powerline only? I have 1.0.4 firmware and the latest app (updated today). What is meant to be showing in 1.0.4?

Thanks

David-TP wrote

@TheInfamousMrD @ommoti  @Jeg5342  @Dracon  @Birillo 

Update:

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

The official firmware to fix this issue has been released already. 

You can go to APP>>More>>System>>Update Deco to see whether you are able to detect the new 1.0.4 firmware.

Or you could manually install the official firmware here.

Deco PX50_V1_1.0.4_build_20230915

Thank you again for your cooperation and support.

Best regards.

Options
2023-10-19 01:24:41

@firewater "Both are showing powerline as active. However it prioritises the wifi."

How do you know it prioritizes the wifi? Is there a way to tell or test?

Options
2023-10-19 02:03:26

@firewater 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

I shared the same doubts as Alexmesh. I think you might tell from the internet speed.

Powerline Backhaul generally offers a superior link speed between Deco units compared to Wi-Fi Backhaul in most cases. However, since the Deco APP does not display the link speed status, it becomes challenging to directly determine which Backhaul is leading in performance.

Did you use any Powerline adapter before Deco PX50?

It would also help if you could test the Ethernet connection speed directly from the satellite Deco PX50.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-10-21 18:28:40
Just got the triple pack yesterday. Updated them to the latest firmware. Still the same error. It is very frustrating. If I wanted to have them connected thru wifi I would have selected another product. TP-LINK. please correct this now. I have the same situation that I had with the previous equipment, minus 300.00 bucks from my pocket. No solution very soon, I will evaluate the product in Amazon as DO NOT BUY.
Options
2023-10-29 16:47:52 - last edited 2023-10-29 16:51:19

Hello @David-TP  / TPLink Support & Everybody!

For many years I had been using the TL-PA7010 KIT and it worked very well. Now I decided to refresh my home network solution and got form AMAZON US this PX50 pack.

I found this thread in the support forum and the truth is that I feel totally identified with the reported problems. I am an advanced telecommunications user and I tried to diagnose the problem. My conclusions were that the PX50 does not know how to manage the traffic queues between both backhaul links, and taking Wifi as priority over PLC, making the performance between distant DECO to the main DECO node works at the lowest speed (maybe jitter issues). I was able to detect that the PX50 mesh performs very well in the first 60 seconds after restart, but after that minute it completely falls the speed.

I Also apply the Work Around (Hard Reset / Deco Topology Star&Chain) and Nothing Change…

The main unit is connected back2back to my home router and works perfectly, this issue happen in the last 2 units connected

My configuration environment
•    Model:PX50(1.0)
•    Firmware Version:1.2.1 Build 20230920 Rel. 62115
•    Label below: US/1.6
•    Operational Mode: Access Point.

Is possible in the next firmware release to have an option to disable backhaul WiFi to avoid this problem??, Also here In my neighborhood I have to many SSID and Wireless congestion, and the way that the Wireless Mesh works is not very convenient for the wireless device experience, to much wireless noise in the air.

Diego.

Options
2023-10-30 14:52:03

Hi @David-TP 

This solution to install Deco PX50_V1_1.0.4_build_20230915, also apply to my enviroment?  or my actual firmware deployed include this fix?

My configuration environment
•    Model:PX50(1.0)
•    Firmware Version:1.2.1 Build 20230920 Rel. 62115
•    Label below: US/1.6
•    Operational Mode: Access Point.

Diego.

Options
2023-10-30 23:54:43

@Jeg5342 exactly as you say.

Options
2023-10-30 23:56:43

@Pulpo72 it does not solve the PCL ISSUE. Decos continue using wifi between them. No PCL as TP-LINK advertises.

Options
2023-10-31 01:21:18

Mine still switches to wireless at times during the late evening, the PLC is susceptible to interference or there is a firmware bug.

Options
Related Articles