Deco PX50 not using Powerline backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco PX50 not using Powerline backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
111 Reply
Re:Deco PX50 not using Powerline backhaul
2023-11-09 21:14:59

@JCHH I had support from TP-Link (thank you).  I uploaded the latest firmware and I could set the far DECO PX-50 to select the nearest one, and that one to the main DECO (like a chain). The speed on the far one (my romm/office) improved from 38Mbps to 155Mbps Donwload.  And from 34Mbps to 161Mbps Upload.  I did a test connecting only one satellite deco on the other corner of my apartment, with all the doors closed.  However, they connected using PCL and WiFi, and the internet speed was 12MbpsD/3.5MbpsU.  So they are still usign WiFi.

TP-Link told me that they will not issue a firmware for the any user be able to indicate a Deco satelite to connect only using PCL.  Their alghoritm determines the best route (PCL or WiFi) and select the best of both.

Without the hability to select PCL only, I will not be able to test the electric wire in my apartment and the PCL link itself.  At the end, they are connecting using WiFi.  So, TP-Link Deco AXE5400 Tri-Band 6E Mesh System could be a more suitable product.

Options
Related Articles