Deco Setup slows speed after restart

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-13 16:47:24 - last edited 2023-06-13 16:57:42
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

Hi all,

So i have a weired situation. My current setup is:

ISP modem is configured in Bridge mode.

I have a total of 5 deco x50's.

Main deco is cable connected to my ISP model with Gigabit cable. The remaining 4 units are all connected with gigabit cable to the main deco.
I have internet connection of 1Gbit/s. Wifi on ISP Model is off. When i test my connection on wired PC, i get full 1Gbit speed using speedtest.net or fast.com. Using wifi also getting 1Gbit/s.

Now my connection does not stay like this, after an hour or so it drops all the way down to 7-10Mbit/s on wifi and wired.

When this happens i then restart my Deco network and then i get the full speed again.

Additional info.

I bought 3 pack deco x50's and these are hardware version (1.0) with latest firmware: 1.2.5 Build 20230511 Rel. 67294
The 2 remaining ones are hardware version: (1.2) on latest firmware: 1.0.1 Build 20221103 Rel. 43293

What can cause this my slow speeds?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco Setup slows speed after restart
2023-06-14 07:48:44

@Mohamed17 

Hi, Do you use a network switch to connect all the satellite Deco X50s to the main Deco X50? Or Can I have a picture of your network layout?

How often would the speed drop down to 7-10m/s?

Did the unstable speed occur to all the Deco X50s, including the main X50, or only on several satellite Deco X50s?

If possible, please also replace the current old Ethernet cables once in case these cables are aging.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco Setup slows speed after restart
2023-06-14 15:40:30

@David-TP 

No i dont have any switch between the main deco and the remaining 4.
After a restart of the network, it happens within 60 minutes.

The unstable speed happens everywhere, it does not matter if the connection is wireless of wireless.
I'm using Ugreen Cat 7 cables and other cables i also tested.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 442

Replies: 2

Related Articles