Where can I find Protection Mode ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-06 13:14:49 - last edited 2023-07-19 09:09:26
Model: Tapo H100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 build 221012 Rel 103821

Hello.

I contact you because I just bought a Tapo H100 hub and I don't find the Protection Mode.
I see in the manual that it exists, but I don't have it on app :

Is that something still available ?

Thanks for your help

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Where can I find Protection Mode ?-Solution
2023-07-13 08:52:18 - last edited 2023-07-19 09:09:26

@Fabien5 

The information should have been updated. At present, the H100 product information on the official website does not include the User Guide. Did you find it on the TP-Link official website? Or did you find this information on other websites through Google search?

Tapo camera's Home Mode and Away mode will be a good choice if you want different detection settings in different scenarios. These two modes allow users to configure different motion detection settings, alarm, and notification settings. Check here for more details. How to edit Home and Away Mode for Tapo camera

If you just want to shut down the camera surveillance while you're at home without changing the camera settings, create a Shortcut to enable camera privacy mode. You can run the shortcut with one tap on the APP home page. 

How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices Option 2: Create your own actions -> (1) Shortcuts

What is camera privacy mode? How to use Privacy Mode of my Tapo camera

Privacy Mode is a smart feature on Tapo cameras. If you have a camera in your living room and you do not want to be monitored or recorded watching TV, you can enable Privacy Mode. Then it will prevent the camera from streaming and recording video and audio. When the Privacy Mode is enabled, the live streaming and recording functions will be temporarily disabled to protect your privacy. Features including Talk, Voice Call, Motion Detection, Camera Alerts or Notifications, Pan & Tilt Control (for Tapo C200) will not work. You can only view the Playback or Memory.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Where can I find Protection Mode ?
2023-07-07 03:15:23

@Fabien5 

Where did you see the protection mode? Can you share a picture or a link here?

The H100 hub supports automation with other TP-Link devices, which can trigger ringing on the hub. You may refer to the instruction here to confirm if that's the feature you're looking for. 

How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-07-07 08:02:20

@Wayne-TP Thanks for your kind reply.

In the manual it says that there is a Protection Mode to use :

But as I say, I don't have it on my app.

If it doesn't exist anymore, how can I activate/desactivate the alarm ? 

For example, how can setup the hub to activate the surveillance when I press a button (leaving home), and desactivate when I double press the button (coming back home) ?

Options
Re:Where can I find Protection Mode ?-Solution
2023-07-13 08:52:18 - last edited 2023-07-19 09:09:26

@Fabien5 

The information should have been updated. At present, the H100 product information on the official website does not include the User Guide. Did you find it on the TP-Link official website? Or did you find this information on other websites through Google search?

Tapo camera's Home Mode and Away mode will be a good choice if you want different detection settings in different scenarios. These two modes allow users to configure different motion detection settings, alarm, and notification settings. Check here for more details. How to edit Home and Away Mode for Tapo camera

If you just want to shut down the camera surveillance while you're at home without changing the camera settings, create a Shortcut to enable camera privacy mode. You can run the shortcut with one tap on the APP home page. 

How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices Option 2: Create your own actions -> (1) Shortcuts

What is camera privacy mode? How to use Privacy Mode of my Tapo camera

Privacy Mode is a smart feature on Tapo cameras. If you have a camera in your living room and you do not want to be monitored or recorded watching TV, you can enable Privacy Mode. Then it will prevent the camera from streaming and recording video and audio. When the Privacy Mode is enabled, the live streaming and recording functions will be temporarily disabled to protect your privacy. Features including Talk, Voice Call, Motion Detection, Camera Alerts or Notifications, Pan & Tilt Control (for Tapo C200) will not work. You can only view the Playback or Memory.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-07-17 01:53:46

@Wayne-TP 

Hi, cant we include "Tapo camera's Home Mode and Away mode" into the shortcut action? Else i need do 2 steps, for sensors and camera when I'm away. Either way integration should be enable.

Options
2023-07-19 09:09:10

@iobai 

Unfortunately, the camera Home mode and Away mode are not included in Smart Action.

You may post a new thread under Feature Block, it will be helpful to collect feedback from other users if they also want this feature applied in the Smart Action. People can vote for your topic if they have the same thoughts.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 470

Replies: 5

Related Articles