Connecting Deco E4’s in sequence

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-26 14:10:02
Tags: #Feature Request #Network Setup
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.4

Hi all!

I would LOVE to try and connect my E4's in sequence, so as to create an extended range of the mesh network. IE. Make E4 unit #3 connect to unit #2 instead of the primary unit, if that makes sense?

I've tried everything, and don't think there's a way to do it, but just wonder if there is, and someone here can tell me?

It's pretty unfortunate if this feature is unavailable, as it really makes sense when your furthest device is of a significant distance away from the primary unit. 

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connecting Deco E4’s in sequence
2023-07-26 14:35:16

Oh! I should add: I can at least set up another Deco as the main one (when set up in Access Point Mode), which means I can select a more central Deco. That's a BIT helpful... but not quite optimal. 

Options
Re:Connecting Deco E4’s in sequence
2023-07-27 08:00:48

@JamesPrestonZA 

Hi, The feature is in process and some models have already supported manual selection of signal source.https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/276958

For the models that haven't supported it yet, please wait for a while and regularly check on the Deco APP and official websites.

Currently,  you could refer to the following suggestions to see whether it help reselect the signal source:

1. Run "Network Optimization" on the Deco APP>More.

2. More the middle Deco E4 a little far away from the main Deco, closer to the third one, then restart the third Deco once.

best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 209

Replies: 2

Tags

Feature Request
Network Setup
Related Articles