Possibility of Fraudulent Technical Support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-29 04:05:35
Tags: #Firmware Update #IoT Network #FraudulentSupport
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20230707 Rel. 49686

Hi @TP-Link support team. I recently had issues with a firmware upgrade and requested/received tech support from TP-Link. Due to the issues I had to provide remote access via TeamViewer to a TP Link tech support person to interact directly with the device from my network. I am having a number of issues with what is looking like a cyber attack. I have run some scans across my network devices and have identified some security concerns which may relate to 1 of the 2 devices.

I would appreciate if you can help me confirm the validity of the technical support received.... worried it may have been fraudulent. Appreciate your help in advance! Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Possibility of Fraudulent Technical Support
2023-07-31 00:59:24 - last edited 2023-07-31 01:35:13

@Cormacfor2FA 

Hi, Can I have the support ticket number maybe later I could help you check what happened?

Remote Assistance is not a frequently-used support method and it would sometimes be offered as an optional choice when the reported case is rare but very valuable for product/firmware optimization after the general troubleshooting methods didn't help.

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-08-10 02:34:02
Can you provide a rough ETA for this please?
Options
2023-08-10 10:14:34

@Cormacfor2FA 

Hi, Do you mean the ETA for 1.2.3 of Deco X90? Actually, I see it has been pushed to all the CA versions, so it is supposed to be detected via Deco APP now, but not sure why the local websites did not upload this firmware version to the CA official site.

As for the 2FA, sorry for missing your message. For the last few months, I have asked but no further updates have been received. So personally I doubt it might still not be available this year.

(By the way, I have detected the contact email of Ives for personal privacy but he has been informed of this case. Thank you in advance for your understanding.)

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 364

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles