Votes

Network switches with LAN ports arranged on either side

Votes

2023-08-20 08:58:45
Tags: #distribution ports on two sides

The Switch model design has ports on the front and rear with notification LEDs on the top and power supply ports on the side, which can optionally add ports on the edge along with the power port.
for example, 6 front LAN ports and 6 rear LAN ports with a power port and a LAN port on the side. There is a LAN port signal indicator on the top 
This design will make connecting the LAN wire from the switch placed in the middle to the devices around a table much easier, neat, and more optimal layout than leaving the entire port on just one side of the switch

Options
2 Reply
Re:Network switches with LAN ports arranged on either side
2023-08-23 02:37:23

@Cuong_Ba 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback. 

I used to think this is what a network switch should be and did not bother asking why. I googled for a while and there is no specific reason for that. Personally, I think, compared with sitting in the center, most of the switches are placed against walls or mounted in a rack. It would be more convenient to arrange all the wires on the same side. And I also notice the venting holes are usually on the other side and maybe it is more economical to have one radiator rather than two in both directions.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Network switches with LAN ports arranged on either side
2023-12-23 19:44:04

This design seems well-thought-out for scenarios where the switch is placed centrally, serving devices around a table. It considers ease of cable management, accessibility, and user-friendly features like LED indicators. Keep in mind that the success of such a design also depends on factors like the physical size of the switch, the intended use case, and user preferences.

If you have specific requirements or constraints, further customization or considerations might be necessary. Additionally, obtaining user feedback during the design process can help refine and optimize the layout for real-world usability.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 292

Replies: 2

Voters 2

Tags

distribution ports on two sides